Does Your Book's Main Character Need to be a Guy for it to be popular?

So I'm kind of writing a novel, even though I'm pretty young to do so, but my main character is a girl. My plot, setting and it's world is so intriguing and twisted that I'm so sure that this book will go far; a lot of people that i've had the courage to share it with said so, (though they might... show more So I'm kind of writing a novel, even though I'm pretty young to do so, but my main character is a girl. My plot, setting and it's world is so intriguing and twisted that I'm so sure that this book will go far; a lot of people that i've had the courage to share it with said so, (though they might have been just encouraging me). But i mean, i look at the world of famous books today, and literally all of their main characters are guys. For example: Harry Potter, Narnia, SpiderWick Chronicles, Lord of the RIngs, Septimus Heap etc. Like, what is this? It really gets to me and doubts me a lot. Does a book's main character have to be a guy for it to go places? Should i change my whole character sequence just so that mine matches theirs? What if my book gets unnoticed just because my character is female? What should I do? I really want the best for my story and if this is the "secret key" then i suppose i'm willing to change my people. Please help!!!!