Are Giant Sea monsters possible?

Is it possible that they do exist in teh ocean without us knowing? or would scientists already found them?

Not just like Giant squid and stuff but thigns like Kraken and huge monsters?

Update:

On a scale of 1 -10, how much of the ocean is discovered and how much humans know about it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, there's caves everywhere that sea monsters could be living in, and then they would occasionally go out to look for food. If they do exists, they're probably hiding or else we would no about them.

• 4 years ago

It depends on what you consider a sea monster.At one time the giant squid was considered a sea monster.Fishermen have caught sea creaures that could be considered sea monsters.With the vastness of the oceans and seas,which cover a great deal of the earth,and the fact that we have not explored the oceans to definatley say that there not sea monsters is wrong.Scientests have found bodies of water under the oceans with caves that join them.What we consider sea monsters could definately come through these caves into our oceans.I am sure many sailors have seen them but without pictures they have no proof so they say nothing.

• 9 years ago

There used to be HUGE sea creatures in the geologic past, and there are still some pretty big whales out there right now. The size of creatures depends upon a lot of things, but the available food supply and amount of oxygen in the water seem to be most important. Still, these two things have to exist for a very long time so the creatures can evolve and overcome other issues, like predators. Monsters though? I doubt it. The current trend in available food and oxygen is downward--that's our fault. Besides, it depends on what you mean by "monster". So, even though we know less about the sea floor than the surface of the moon, from what we DO know about marine biology, "giant sea monsters" are just not likely---and will be even less likely in the future.

Source(s): I teach this stuff
  • 9 years ago

possible. The ocean is largely unexplored. Scientists know more about space than the oceans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.