How safe is the water to drink or swim in at the Delaware Water Gap- NJ side?

I am interested to learn how safe the water is, specifically as you come down the trail head from the blue dot trail. There is a natural waterfall and people swim there. It is just before the bridge and about 1/2 mile before you reach the main parking lot (access to red dot or blue dot trails; Appalachian... show more I am interested to learn how safe the water is, specifically as you come down the trail head from the blue dot trail. There is a natural waterfall and people swim there. It is just before the bridge and about 1/2 mile before you reach the main parking lot (access to red dot or blue dot trails; Appalachian trails). I've read that the river still has a lot of lingering issue from years of previous significant pollution but I am not sure where the water is that is coming down the trail- I assume, somewhere on top of the mountain. It is before the main river (higher elevation) so I am assuming it is cleaner but I don't know the source. Do you think this water is safe to drink and swim in?