Dave
Dave asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 9 years ago

How safe is the water to drink or swim in at the Delaware Water Gap- NJ side?

I am interested to learn how safe the water is, specifically as you come down the trail head from the blue dot trail. There is a natural waterfall and people swim there. It is just before the bridge and about 1/2 mile before you reach the main parking lot (access to red dot or blue dot trails; Appalachian trails). I've read that the river still has a lot of lingering issue from years of previous significant pollution but I am not sure where the water is that is coming down the trail- I assume, somewhere on top of the mountain. It is before the main river (higher elevation) so I am assuming it is cleaner but I don't know the source. Do you think this water is safe to drink and swim in?

• J
    Favorite Answer

water would have to be terrible not to swim in, so you'll be fine there. for drinking, especially since the DWG is at lower elevation, i wouldn't recommend drinking unfiltered water.

if you're hiking and want to drink unfiltered water, then generally only do so if you're getting the water directly as it's coming out of the ground, since the ground has a way of filtering water. but generally speaking, don't drink water untreated. you're unlikely to get anything bad as far as chemicals go, but you leave yourself open to stomach viruses that can make you sick for a while.

all of us might desire to drink water wether or no longer that's jumbled in a dirnk like idk soda/juice or in simple terms user-friendly water. with out water we could finally end up dehydrating and die. some meals incorporate water as nicely like water melons. confident i drink water have been for in simple terms approximately 3 weeks now specially water basically by way of fact i'm on a weight loss plan attempting to lose 50-60 pounds. I used to drink ordinarily coffee all day. eating basically water sucks the style is so bland

I wouldn't drink any water where people are swimming.