I have a 1987 mercedes benz 300e and i just did atotal fuel system makeover with new parts?

i changed over fuel pump fuel filter fuel regulator cleaned the tank cleaned out the fuel lines&checkd fuel ralay behind the glove box etc (my brake light is on though}... car starts up like a champ and stays running with no putters or cut offs=it just still stalls and cuts off when i put it in drive or reverse... show more i changed over fuel pump fuel filter fuel regulator cleaned the tank cleaned out the fuel lines&checkd fuel ralay behind the glove box etc (my brake light is on though}... car starts up like a champ and stays running with no putters or cut offs=it just still stalls and cuts off when i put it in drive or reverse what else to check??? or what could it be, its not my carb or engine name everything else possible???
-----thanks bros%%
Update: and i put in engine restorer to the oil and fuel injection cleaner to the gas