Erin
Erin asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 9 years ago

Is there a way to get paint out of clothing?

I was painting earlier today and realized this evening I'd gotten latex paint on my shorts. Is there a way to get the paint out? I managed to get only a small amount off using a toothbrush and a little soap and water. I'd like to get the rest out, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

None. Ask any painter

If the paint is dried, it's going to be very difficult to get out now. You might check at a paint store and see if they have any cleaning agents that will do the job. TSP might work. Put the shorts in a bucket of water and add 1 tsp of TSP (Tri Sodium Phosphate), and let it sit overnight. It MIGHT loosen it.

• ?

By now it may have set in ,but try a carpet liquid spray cleaner. I got old paint out of the carpet and it was red try using hot water also you know also if you can't get the paint out try painting it again like a picture of something like a small round dot a lady bug or a long line a flower can't be them join them.

Rubbing alcohol and a soft brush. Works on clothing, carpet and upholstery!

Wet it well or soak the area in a dish and brush it gently. IT WORKS!

Source(s): Experience!