Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 years ago

More information on Motilium Domperidone medicine?

Motilium tablets is commonly used for stopping feelings of sickness (nausea) and being sick (vomiting) in adults and children.Relieving stomach discomfort, fullness or bloating and regurgitation of stomach contents (reflux or heartburn) in adults.Apart from that,Domperidone works primarily by blocking dopamine receptors found in the upper end of the digestive system.This causes tightening of the muscles at the entry to the stomach,relaxation of the muscles at the exit of the stomach and increased contraction of the muscles in the stomach itself. These actions speed up the passage of food through the stomach into the intestine, which physically helps prevent vomiting and reduces feelings of sickness, bloating and fullness. It also prevents food from flowing the wrong way through the stomach and so prevents reflux (regurgitation of the stomach contents back into the food pipe).

What if you were given this tablet but your problem doesn't seem so serious,would you take it or not?I was given this medicine from my doctor 4 days ago but I haven't started taking it yet cuz,my only problem now is I don't bladder frequently and I had to strain a lot to bladder but other than that,the other medication that I'm taking helped to overcome other situation(Heartburn,acid reflux,bloating).I don't want to further damage my digestive system by taking medications cuz I was told that it takes time for the body to get back to normal cuz the body itself is the Doctor,prevent from taking medication and take more of natural ways of remedy(healthy diet).Plus,I heard that if a person is not in serious pain,they should avoid taking medications cuz it's not really good.Is this true?Based on these infos I've provided,do you think I should take this tablet or not?I'm a bit agitated and confused about it now T_T

Favorite Answer

You are free to choose how your body should be trated. In fact, follows your heart and mind. If you listen to others, you may regret in your later life.

You are not alone. Many Asians (Indians, Chinese, Malays) shares your view. And they resort to natural herbal remedies (which claims "harmless") Some really did recover, and some, even worst. The best 3 types of cases I saw are - renal failure, diabetes and hypertension. Almost all those with renal failure stage 4 and above, when they opt for natural herbal remedies, they will eventually die or end up very sick in ICU. As to diabetes, those milder form and those Type 1 DM, i did see a few recover with traditional medicine. As to hypertension, I'll state a 50-50% I have seen.

Some alternative medicine, eg TCM (traditional chinese medicine) is undergoing harsh stringent scientific research and there are positive feedback! Eg acupuncture used in pain management, chronic diseases and help pt lose weight. It spare the side effects of opioids, liver problem and metabolic disorders.

Many despise alternative treatment. But what i can say is, some can be justified from scientific point of view and some others need scientific proof. Eg, TCM has terrific effect to help oncologic patients endure lesser and milder side effects from chemo and radio. MAlays use papaya to try induce miscarriage. After some medical research, indeed, some chemicals and enzyme present on green papaya skin, indeed, is able to induce miscarriage. Scientist are trying to perfect the technique as this carries much less side effects as compare to medicine use for abortion eg cytotec.

You are right, your condition doesn't sounds too serious. But seems there's 2 problems here, digestive problems and urinary problem. You may want to try the following (it has scientific proof, just goggle if you need more info)

Digestive problems - try taking 50-100ml of yoghurt daily, or drinks fortified with lactobacillus. You can get from pharmacy also. Lacteofort is the brand name for dry lactobacillus powder. Add high fiber eg oats and vege to your diet. I'm sure you know the food pyramid (I'm a bit tired and allow me to save my breath on that :) LOL ) Regular exercise helps with intestinal movement.

Urinary problems - sounds like your urine output is little and difficult. First, make sure it's not other serious cause eg renal failure. If it's just mild urinary tract infection and you want natural, try cranberry juice. Drink 1.5L a of cranberry juice, and additional 1L of plain water. If cranberry is difficult to obtain, watermelon is fine too. Although effect not as good as cranberry.

A lot of natural remedies forsimple minor ailments. I, despite being a doctor, will opt for that. Tablets are not my first choice. Eg, I had a headache, giddiness, some mood swings yesterday, I made myself a glass of juice with grape and apple and it helps.

A week back, I had mild slleeping difficulty and i don't get quality sleep, I took some gingko nuts and I had wonderful sleep that night!

Some forrest fire outbreak near my area and i got some respiratory discomfort. I put some peppermint aromatherapy oil around me and I felt better. I didn't use the common antihistamine.

As my job expose me to all harmful microorganism, I took a lot of natural stuff to boost my immunity, berries, soy and black beans, pineapple, kiwi, carrot, tomatoes.... The trick is balance. (I don't take garlic as it'll cause halitosis ie bad breath. I deem it impolite to talk to patients with bad breath) Believe it or not, I don't take Vitamin C tablets and I'm rare down with flu.

Ultimately, it's your own choice. But i want to emphasize tis, CHOOSE WISELY, that means do research, google and not just some hearsays.

(note : I am still a human! I will fall sick just as everyone else!)

Source(s): nephrologist, with an open mind and believes in natural remedies for simple ailments.

Put a two litre water bottle as well as a glass on your desk every single morning. Get through it by simply lunch, and do the same within the afternoon. You’ll exercise better along with recover faster if you’re hydrated. I drink some water each time someone asks me a ridiculous question or sends a ridiculous email... find something that works available for you!

Al dente pasta has a lower GI value, so is usually a healthier option than nuking ones fusilli till it’s soggy.

• Evelyn

2

Source(s): Hypertension Treatment http://latis.info/LowerBloodPressure/?x3Gz

You don’t need to exercise for hours on end. Short, sharp sets of exercise will produce better results if you work hard. Get a bypassing rope, skip for two units, do push ups for 60 seconds or so, skip for two minutes, rest for one minute. Then change the push as much as something else like sit ups along with do the set again. Repeat it five times and it’s an instant, effective workout that will advance results than a long manage or swim.

1

Source(s): Heartburn No More http://AcidRefluxCure.netint.info/?wg4V

Be blue! Weirdly, azure shades have been proven to get a positive effect on your will to exercise regularly and withstand bad foods. So, wear violet, eat from blue plates watching the pounds drop off!

Go shopping! Make a promise to yourself that once you reach your desired weight and also dress size, you’ll reward yourself achievable fabulous frock you’ve been eyeing upwards. It’s amazing how tangible goals will get your motivational juices flowing.

• Marie

that medicine is new to me. the basics is more pumping and yeast will help increase your supply. i have always been nervous on taking anything for fear it will have a side effect on the baby. it is usually based on demand. so the more you pump and drink plenty of water or fluids should help.

Get back to basics – burn more energy than you ingest.