?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Why is Robin Hood (2010) is a bad movie and Gladiator (2001) is a good one?

meaning "why is one CONSIDERED bad and the other good?" for I honestly think they are equal

BQ: Rate both the following features of both movies on a scale of 1-10

acting

story

battle scenes

characters

visuals - scenery, costumes anything

BQ: Favorite Ridley Scott movie?

the question reminded by Spencer :)

@ Daniel: okay, for those who though Robin Hood (2010) wasn't THAT bad: why do you think that Gladiator (2000) is great/classic/omfg movie and Robin Hood isn't?

*Gladiator is 2000 of course, not 2001.

hey, Anny :)

I think you won't like Robin Hood like most people. seriously, it's some kind of conspiracy - everybody likes Gladiator, nobody likes Robin Hood, and I just don't get it - they are similar in so many Russel Crowe/Ridley Scott ways, I see no quality difference whatsoever, don't like much either movie though lol

@ Goku: hey, hun :) I'm okay

it's not the same with Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction - people consider both movies to be great and there are people (not so few, btw) who think RD is better than PF. with Gladiator and Robin Hood is different - almost all people love Gladiator and dislike Robin Hood, the question is why? I really don't see any difference between those movies, NO DIFFERENCE, and don't see anything special about either of them. I just don't get it. I'm not at the point of agreeing or disagreeing - to do that I have to have a solid opinion, I don't have one - I just really don't understand why one is great and the other isn't, while they are the same and both nothing special at all.

• Logan
    Best Answer

I really don't know why, both movies to me are about the same and both are a 6 to me. I like Aliens and Hannibal A lot. I do think the battle scenes in Robin Hood was better.

Hello mi dear, how have you been :)

Lets look at it this way. You think Reservoir Dogs is better than Pulp Fiction don't you? But most people think vice verse. They think Pulp Fiction is best Tarantino movie. But you don't think so because your taste is different and you think differently. So even if those people provided reasons as to why they think Pulp Fiction is the better movie you most likely will disagree.

That's pretty much the case here. Even if I could get myself to type paragraphs about all the things that was wrong with Robin Hood and why its not even in the same league as Gladiator you will most likely disagree because your taste is quite different from mine and you don't see things the way I do. I can see why Gladiator is considered a great movie and Robin Hood is not but you can't because your taste is different. I think its no surprise even to you if I say you have a very one of a kind taste in movies you just have different viewpoints on things than a lot of people.

This is also kind of the case with 2 of my favorite movies as well, The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. I think both movies are great but like most people I think The Dark Knight was the better movie but a lot of people seem to think that Batman Begins was better. I could provide reasons as to why I think The Dark Knight is better but its unlikely that they will see it the way I do because they most likely have a different taste than I do. To me it seems rather pointless to argue about some about someone's taste so I don't go into arguments like that.

BQ: Gladiator ;)

Edit:

Well I am pretty sure that there are at least some people that think Robin Hodd is better than Gladiator even if the number is very few. There are always some people who pick the other option. But I can assure you that Gladiator and Robin Hood are quite different. Just being set in the medieval times does not mean they are the same. That's like saying Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs is the same because they show scenes out of order. They have very different plot, characters, and emotional depth in the story so no they are VERY different. And quit with the Gladiator bashing right at my face man its a top 30 movie of mine :)

Not really a big fan of Robin Hood stories at all. Gladiator was okay. Good to see a Roman gladiator with a New Zealand/Australian accent.

I thought Robin Hood (2010) was a pretty good movie.

Now Gladiator (2001) is a classic though!

You can't compare a classic and a pretty good movie.

Never saw Robin Hood Nartitch. So i can't answer. But ill say i like gladiator. Its not top 25 though.

Robin Hood was okay, not the best but a pretty decent movie

Gladiator was a fantastic movie though

BQ: I really enjoyed the movie Legend

Equal?

Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdly

Gladiator is an epic with a amazing plot and wonderful characters. Robin Hood is just sorta there.

BA: Alien, but I love 95% of everything he's ever done.

they were trying to re-create Gladiator,and as often happens they rested on their laurels,and did not make an effort to make a good film...Robin Hood had characters no one cared for,especially Marion,who actually made me angry...she was the feminists contribution,she just didn't fit,nor did any of the characters...

• Mack

I agree with you that both movies are equal. Both are somewhere in the lower middle of the pack as for liking each one.

BQ Black Hawk Down was good: Thelma and Louise was entertaining.