Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Which version of the bible is the real "word of God"?

Do mention the reasons aswell.

p.s. is every word in that bible inspired by God Himself?

Update:

@answerers:

is it a 'sin' to 'chose' a particular version and 'reject' the others?

howcome no one is brave enough to ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION ?

NAME A VERSION WHICH U '''BELEIVE'' IS THE ACTUAL WORD OF GOD UNCORRUPTED AND WITHOUT ERRORS OF ANY KIND!

hope this question is answered soon.

Update 2:

@micky CG:

and 'whch version' is that?

Update 3:

@jesus street:

can you please share the bible in its original language?

from where can i get it?

Update 4:

@roller jam:

^_^

there is ONLY ONE version of the quran:

prooof? go and read quran from ANY PART OF THE WORLD in arabic, and find me ONE 'error' or 'mistake' or 'addition' or subraction.

as for ur misconceptions: (ur referring to the forms of 'qira'at' i.e. way the quran is recited, there are 10 total ways, the following link will help you. p.s. I AM a 'qari' - one who can recite quran with proper 'tajweed' (rules) of recitation , so i kNOW what i am talking about )

How many Versions Of The Qur'an are there in total?

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Text/Qiraat...

Update 5:

@roller jam:

Please also read and remove ALL misconceptions regarding the ONLY book on earth preserved through 1400 years and is WORD FOR WORD the same in its ORIGINAL LANGUAGE OF REVELATION:

Answering the Claims that the Qur’aan has been distorted

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/23487

Update 6:

@christians:

I hope to clarify The Difference Between Versions and Translations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlUSM7vPtgQ

Youtube thumbnail

<< only 2 min vid, please do watch.

translation = NOT = version

version = NOT = manuscript and

I have to realize by now, that the 'original bible is lost' forever.

for NONE come forward to produce it. (truth comes with proof, and if the bible itself is 'translated' or 'not in its original language of revelation' , I wish to move forward to the only book which IS in its original format i.e. the Quran = the only book to be preserved over time for 1400 years.

peace to all.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Katja
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The bible itself is God's words interpreted by man.

In that, the bible that could even be considered most correct would be the one written in Aramaic, which no one speaks anymore nor can read. Thus the second to that would be the greek bible.

Every version is just man's interpretation of the words, taking things out, putting things in, to hopefully make it clear to people but yet sacrificing the exact wording. Thus, in this day and age, None of the bibles now are the "real word of God" and also ever bible is inspired by the thoughts of what Gods words were, but are not inspired by the actual words.

This is due to years of mis translations and changes within the text itself.

Source(s): studies religion
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

The three most popular translations are: The King James Version (KJV), The New American Standard Bible (NASB) and the New International Version (NIV). All three are the real word of God.

The KJV is an old English version . While very poetic, it uses synonyms that are not commonly used in modern English. The NASB is a word for word modern English translation. Sometimes there are verses where the original word had a slightly different application. For example, the original word may be "anger" but the application of the word may describe minor irritation, frustration or rage.

The NOV is a thought for thought modern English translation with words that have applications more familiar to modern English speakers There are also some very accurate paraphrased versions which are easy to understand but sometimes difficult to quote because they sometimes combine verses to make the point clearer. These latter focus on clarity, not quotability.

sometimes you run into

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Which version of the quran is the real "word of allah"?

The Warsh quran, Qalun quran, al-Bazzi quran, Qunbul quran, al-Duri quran, al-Suri quran, Hisham quran, Ibn Dhakwan quran, Khalaf quran, Khallad quran, al-Duri quran, Abu'l-Harith quran, Hafs quran, Ibn `Ayyash quran, Ibn Wardan quran, Ibn Jamaz quran, Ruways quran, Rawh quran, Ishaq quran, Idris al-Haddad Quran and so on and so forth.

Also, The following verses differ between the Warsh version (popular in Africa) and the Hafs versions (popular in Middle East) of the Quran:

7:57, 9:37, 2:259, 3:81, 6:96, 1:4, 2:140, 2:125, 3:146, 2:132, 91:15, 2:132, 3:133, 5:45, 2:139, 3:81, 2:259, 2:214, 2:9, 2:184 & 28:48.

A very simple way to find out the Truth, very painfully, is to go to Saudi Arabia carrying a non-Wahabi Quran.

They'll seize the copy and burn it and give you 200 lashes on the spot for the first offense. If you survive that and still insist on being foolhardy, well, you'll literally lose your head over it.

AND

About the muslims going for hajj with a non wahabi quran is concerned every year there are at least two hundred muslims dying in the "STONING OF THE DEVIL" now one wonders weather the muslims are stoning THE DEVIL / SHAITAN or weather they are stoning the other devil (the one carrying the non wahabi quran).

Edit: There are PLENTY of versions of the quran. Claiming that there is only "one" version does not give evidence that there is only one quran. I have provided you with all the necessary proofs, while you are only spouting the same claim that your mullah fooled you. I am on the many versions of the quran here not the errors of the quran which is a different topic altogether as the quran has abundant errors.

Can you stick to the topic of providing proof that there is only one quran as per YOUR claim? I am not on the recital or the errors of the quran.

Prove that the quran has no versions, because I have shown you that it does and that is one of the reasons why the quran isn't preserved.

the Qur’aan has been distorted

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Text/distorti...

I have to realize by now, that the 'original quran is lost' forever.

for NONE come forward to produce it. (truth comes with proof, and if the quran itself is 'translated' or 'not in its original language of revelation' , I wish to move forward to the only book which IS in its original format i.e. the Aseops fables = the only book to be preserved over time for more than hundreds of years.

peace to all.

• Sharon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Are you asking why there is a New Testament at all? If so, Christians see the New Testament as a fulfillment of the Old Testament. In the OT, prophets foretold the coming Messiah, and the NT sees the fulfillment of those promises. They are not contradictory at all. Yes, the Old Testament is the 'Holy Word' straight from God. The NT is not a contradiction of the Old, nor is it a change. It is merely a continuation. The OT tells of God's people, the Israelites, and their journeys. God's people experienced much suffering at the hands of their enemies, but the coming of Christ was prophesied by Isaiah, Jeremiah, and other well known prophets. Then in the NT, Jesus Christ the Messiah actually comes to redeem His people. Many people argue that Jesus was not in the OT, but if you believe in the Trinity (that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One God) you would have to assume that Jesus was there as well. Another common argument is that the God of the OT is not the same as the God of the NT. Well, He is. Just because God exerts his wrath towards sinners does not mean He incapable of love, and vice versa. Throughout the whole Bible, God is seen as a God who will not tolerate sin...which is why He sent Jesus His son in the first place. Nothing about God is contradictory. It may be paradoxical to our finite minds, but He does not change. He is constant. I hope this helped. I was a little unsure of what you were asking, but I tried. Oh, and no, I do not see the Old Testament as being void at all. It gives richness to the newness of life found in the NT. Lessons are still valid from the OT, even though we might not adhere to all of the laws contained in it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

There are different versions and languages made to help everyone understand it in their own language and terms of living, such as the New Living Translation which was put into modern terms for average modern people like you and me to understand. The King James Version was made for people in that time to understand it in English. If we never made any different versions of the bible, nobody but the pope would be able to understand the bible. The pope back in history used this to his advantage by making people rely on him and only him to understand the bible. I'm strongly against Catholicism, by the way, for many reasons like this. This is why protestants exist and how you're able to read the bible in English (the first bible obviously wasn't in English). ALL VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE ARE THE WORDS OF GOD. Here's biblical references:

"16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

"10 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. 11 No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. 12 And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us." (1 Corinthians 2:9-13)

What this is trying to tell us is that the people who originally wrote the bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit that dwells within them, which comes only from accepting God into your life. Since God controls all things, the bible was controlled ultimately by God. Translating it to other languages and versions we can directly connect to and understand is not forbidden anywhere in the bible. Salvation isn't just for a certain language like the arrogant Muslims think. God speaks to everyone in their own language. No language is more sacred than any others. Saying "God speaks only Arabic" and "Arabic is the most pure language" is rather arrogant and racist, isn't it? You might as well say the Aryan race is the most superior race and mass murder Jews like Hitler did. Salvation is for the whole world and all its people. So to answer your question: Every version, language, every book in the bible is the Word of God. You can say tomato in English or tomate in Spanish but the MEANING is the same. The Word of God is based on MEANING, not a specific language. While one can argue translating causes a few errors, those errors are insignificant. Also, scholars do their best to translate the words, so it's not like there's a big conspiracy to corrupt the bible. God will guide us in the translations. If you are that nit-picky about minute details, the original language for the Old Testament is Hebrew. The original language for the New Testament is I believe Greek. Anyone is free to correct me.

Also, just because the Quran hasn't been translated into another language doesn't mean it hasn't been altered. According to the book World Religions and Cults 101, "New early manuscript finds indicate key differences between the earliest copies of the Qur'an and the ones in use today." Go to this website and compare the validity of the manuscripts of the Holy Bible and of the Quran:

http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/qurman...

http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibman...

Source(s): "The Evidence Bible", commentary by Ray Comfort. "World Religions & Cults 101" by Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/qurman... http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibman...
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The "real" Word of God is each Bible book in its original languages. Certain translations are not true to the original. The better translations (KJV, NLT, etc) can be called the Word of God but we must understand that a translations has its limits. At times we must refer to the original language. We must also understand the historical and cultural context. One cannot read a Bible book as if the writer were a 21st century American. This is where many people go astray.

RE "p.s. is every word in that bible inspired by God Himself"

Yes. In the original language.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RE "I have to realize by now, that the 'original bible is lost' forever.for NONE come forward to produce it."

Not true. People have given you links to the Bible in its original language. Another source is www.blueletterbible.org

RE "the Quran = the only book to be preserved over time for 1400 years."

Your logic is faulty. Mohammed invented the quran 600 years after Jesus and decided to retroactivelyk change Jesus' belief and doctrine on many fundamental points (like Jesus being divine, Jesus being the Son of God, Jesus dying of the cross, etc). One cannot say that the quran is the truth because it lies about the teaching of Jesus. The quran says that Jesus is a Prophet, but then changes His words. This is not logical. The height of nonsense is that mohammed makes Jesus a muslim, and denies that He was a Jew. One cannot change history after the fact. If you don't like reality that is your problem. You cannot write a book of fantasy stories like the quran and then expect the world to believe it. Maybe that works in third world countries among the illiterate, but not here.

Cheers.

• 9 years ago

Are you referring to the ancient manuscripts, or are you referring to English translations (e.g., King James Version, English Standard Version, New Living Translation, etc.)? The ancient manuscripts haven't changed.

There are a couple of translation approaches. One is formal equivalence which aims to translate the Bible as word-for-word as reasonably possible. Ancient language and modern languages have different grammar, sentence structures, idioms, and so on. Many words in ancient languages can have multiple meanings, and some word have no direct one-for-one translation. Some examples of formal equivalence translations include the King James Version, New American Standard Version, and English Standard Version.

Another approach is dynamic equivalence (thought-for-thought). As previously mentioned, ancient languages had expressions and idioms that might not be readily understood by modern readers. For example, consider the expression "fell off the turnip truck". A reader 2000 years from now without a knowledge of our language may interpret that to mean something along the lines of a falling away from nourishment. In actuality, it refers to being naive or gullible; however, that meaning might not be readily identifiable to someone not familiar with our current English. A dynamic equivalence Bible seeks to translate the actual thought of each verse so that it will have the same *meaning* to the modern reader as it would have to readers thousands of years ago. Some examples of dynamic equivalence Bible include the New Living Translation, Good News Translation, and Contemporary English Version.

The New International Version is more or less a middle ground translation between formal and dynamic equivalence. Also, keep in mind that the further one departs from formal equivalence, the more the reader relies on the translators' interpretations of scripture, and this is most so for paraphrase Bibles such as The Message.

The word of God is reliably preserved in the ancient manuscripts. English translations are exactly that: translations. As to which translation is best suited for a person depends upon the needs of the person. For example, someone interested in detailed Bible study would probably benefit from an Interlinear Bible or a formal equivalence translation. Someone interested in devotional reading may benefit from the NIV or a dynamic equivalence translation.

Peace be with you.

EDIT:

"can you please share the bible in its original language?

from where can i get it?"

You might find this sight interesting:

http://www.biblos.com/

Be sure to check the Original Language Study Tools which include Interlinear Bibles and online access to scripture in original languages (e.g., Hebrew, Greek).

• Te Rex
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

We only have copies and translations of the original texts . . .

When the "Dead Sea Scrolls" were translated, it was found that

the King James Bible was the most accurate English Bible we have.

. . . . . . .

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Go to internet and search Ceiling Cat Version. It's wonderful and blessed.

Or -- Lol Cat Bible Project.

• 9 years ago

You are looking in the wrong place. No, not every word in ANY bible is "inspired by God Himself". These are books, written by (mostly) men. There is no version that God sent personally by fax. They are ALL subject to error and interpretation. You may read them for guidance and inspiration but "the real word of God" can only be found by listening to that of God which is within us all. That is where the writers found what they wrote.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.