Rg4
Rg4 asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Current Events Survey: What is the big current events news story in your part of the world?

So many good/bad, happy/sad news stories..What's the current big story in your country, state, province, county or city?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Favorite Answer

This is one that caught my eye yesterday. All the other news is depressing here

Polar bears descended from Irish brown bears

The Arctic's dwindling population of polar bears all descend from a single mama brown bear which lived 20,000 to 50,000 years ago in present-day Ireland, a new study claims.

The Arctic's dwindling population of polar bears all descend from a single mama brown bear which lived 20,000 to 50,000 years ago in present-day Ireland, according to a new study.

DNA samples from the great white carnivores - taken from across their entire range in Russia, Canada, Greenland, Norway and Alaska - revealed that every individual's lineage could be traced back to this Irish forebear.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0707/bears.html <<<----- more stuff on it there, i didnt want to take up the whole page

Last night a particularly violent string of thunderstorms blasted their way through southern New England (especially here in Rhode Island). The rain hammered down like bullets, and the streets were soon flooded. I remember commenting to my wife about the loudness of the pouring rain. The frequent and brilliant lightning along with the exploding thunder were impressive.

It was a classic storm to watch old reruns of the old Gothic soap opera "Dark Shadows".

Casey Anthony

• Logan

Casey Anthony

In Shropshire (England) the main story is about farmers having to feed their cattle hay meant for the winter, because a recent long drought has stunted the growth of grass in the fields. We're also very preoccupied with service cuts to local bus services

My favourite Rugby Team the CRUSADERS losing the SUPER 15 final to The REDS in Brisbane last night Harv.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/

for all things Christchurch and a bit of New Zealand on the side.

Rebecca Black in Los Angeles north of me was reported to have accidentally destroyed the windows on five large buildings when she tried singing a Bullet For My Valentine song. More at eleven.

• Fish

I have to agree with Cheetah i.e. the last shuttle launch which happened just across the river from me. I had a long Thursday night and slept right through it because after thirty year's they became rather ordinary.

Well here in Florida, the Casey Anthony verdict and fallout from that, threats to jurors, wondering who is going to do a book deal. It never ends.

The final shuttle launch was yesterday and that was pretty big news here as well!

http://www.placesaroundflorida.com/Cape_Canaveral_...

The Casey Anthony Murder Trial. She was found Not Guilty.