How to become a Special FX makeup artist?

I have always loved makeup and the darker side of things, and a lot of people think Im really good in designs, fashion, drawing and stuff. So I decided to mix everything I love but Im having trouble figuring out how! I want to go to regular school first; get my masters in math, study poetry, and get my teaching... show more I have always loved makeup and the darker side of things, and a lot of people think Im really good in designs, fashion, drawing and stuff. So I decided to mix everything I love but Im having trouble figuring out how!
I want to go to regular school first; get my masters in math, study poetry, and get my teaching credentials. And then I want to go to regular cosmetology school, or do cosmetology schools offer special effect makeup courses where they start with regular makeup then move on to airbrush and prostetics? Or do I have to go to a seperate school all together? I really dont know much about this and Im going to talk to the schools conselarelar later on in the year, but I really want to learn as much and do as much as I can now! All the little things help right?
If you could help me figure out school on being a special effects makartisttsit, as well as finding an apprenticeshipship and later a good job? Although I was hoping on starting my own special effects and alternative makeup artistry! Pretty much anything would help! Thanks so much
Update: Also, would buying my own makeup pallets help? not only just to help practice but also for later on in the business?