Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What is that children's book...?

i dont remember it much but i know i loved it.

It's a story taking place in a city where people no longer inhabit it. Animals peacefully live in the fields within the city? idk

one day, martians or aliens or some strange sort of kind arrive to the city and began civilizing. The animals were left scarcely any grass to graze. The atmosphere grew unbearable for the animals so they moved underneath the city to live. Later, the strangers/inhabitants could not stand the thick atmosphere they created so they headed back to their planet.

as soon as they left, the earth began to clear of toxins and such and the animals returned aboveground to live peacefully again.

anyone know that book? it has drawings of the martians/aliens and the animals are cows or goats or sheep or something, idk

help me remember!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Barbapapa books by Annette Tison

"Barbapapa : a classic but evergreen !

In the more than 35 years since 1970, people have enjoyed reading Barbapapa. People love its originality and sense of humor. The wide range of publications including picture books, comic books and the animated cartoon series continue to entertain children as well as their parents throughout the world. Barbapapa books have been published in over 30 languages and are widely recognised as classic."

http://www.barbapapa.fr/gb/catalogue/introduction....

"Barbapapa himself is a generally pear-shaped, pink shapeshifting blob-like creature who stumbles upon the human world and tries to fit in. The shapeshifting is usually accompanied by the saying "Clickety Click—Barba Trick" (in the French version "Hup Hup Hup, Barbatruc", "Ra-Ru-Rick, Barbatrick" in German, "Huub huub huub, Barbatruuk" in Dutch, "Hüpp Hüpp Hüpp, Barbatrükk" in Hungarian, in Turkish version "Hop hop hop, Değiş Tonton" in "Resta di stucco, e' un barbatrucco" in the Italian version, in Arabic "بربا الشاطر ---أعظم ساحر ", in Greek "Κλι κλι κόλπο, μπάρμπα κόλπο"/"kli kli kolpo, barba kolpo"). After various amusing adventures, he comes across a female of his species (more shapely, and black-coloured), named Barbamama. They produce seven children, known as the Barbababies, each a different colour:"

Barbarpapa's Ark (scroll for pictures of aliens)

"Yeah, it might have something to do with the nasty stuff leaking into the water. The Barbapapa gang (don't forget their human friends, Frank and Cindy!) come to the rescue, rehabilitating the animals and building a refuge. When the big, old filthy world threatens to engulf their sanctuary, they build a rocket ship ark (almost exactly like in Professor Noah's Ark) and blast off"

.http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves.com/201...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.