If you keep on drilling a hole in the ground where will you end up?

If you continously dig dig dig a hole in the ground where will you end up?

Favorite Answer

The classical answer is "the other side) but the molten hot magma will melt whatever drillbit you will be using, therefore it's impossible. You will end up in the upper layers of the Earth's core.

If try you will get nowhere, you will die of old age, if not from any accidents on the way. But with a large enough investment with a lot of people, machinery over a long period of time and depending on your location, you will either come accross water, a bed of coal, rock, iron, diamond bed, a cave full of christals all the while with no oxygen. That will be before you even scratch the surface or even reach the earths molten core(it's surface is the end of the road). Its like trying to get to the sun.

you will most likely not end up in China maybe not even the Mariana trench, even if try your chance of surviving is less than 0.0000....01%(made that up but you get the idea)

• Mr.357

When I was little and would dig a hole, my grand parents would say that I would wind up in China. I guess it would depend upon where you live.

If you're asking where exactly the other side of the world is from where I live, it's about 1200 miles west south west of Perth Australia.

If you were in Europe you would end up in Australia, this would not be possible because the earth's molten core would fry you!

• The center of the earth. You will die in the fiery pits of lava.

assuming all kinetic energy is conserved when you fall, and reach centre of earth, you should have exactly enough kinetic energy to reach other side exactly