Is this beach nice? Thanks?

Change of plans, Sea Isle City is too far. So I am going either to Ocean Grove or Point Pleasant, which one is better? AND CLEANER and not crowded.

Favorite Answer

To me, Ocean Grove is better.

It is located along the beach and strategically situated at the geographic center of the Jersey Shore with Sandy Hook to the north and Atlantic City to the south. All of the Shore's attractions within easy access. At the same time, it is not as crowd as Point Pleasant.

Besides, summertime in Ocean Grove is filled with arts and craft shows, house tours, giant flea markets, guided historical walking tours and performances by famous named artists at the legendary Great Auditorium, etc.

= Ocean Grove is not at all like Spring Lake...the houses and hotels are right on top of each other . It is a Methodist Camp Meeting Grounds with a large auditorium that has family and religious events all summer. Ocean Grove is fun to spend a few hours strolling through but IMHO wouldn't stay there...by the way I've lived in both towns.