promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Swish™ asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

What are each of these NBA players flaws?

I think just about every NBA player has at least one flaw.

SO what are these guys flaws:

LeBron James

Dwyane Wade

Joe Johnson

Carmelo Anthony

Chris Bosh

Amare Stoudemire

Dirk Nowitzki

Update:

A flaw is something that someone lacks. Like a setback. For example, LeBron's is handling pressure.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LeBron James: "Good start, rough ending"

I think you know what I mean. This is a joke used by users here on Yahoo! Answers. "LeBron has no fourth quarter", stating that he cannot connect with anything at all in 4th quarter, which has really effected the Heat's competitiveness.

Dwyane Wade: "Shooting and Free-Throws"

Dwyane Wade needs to improve on his jump shot, he's usually an insider, close range type of Shooting Guard. But the term "Shooting Guard" usually refers to mid-range shooting. It's okay that a Shooting Guard likes the close-range strategy, but D-Wade isn't used to jumpshots and this would effect his free-throws. Not a very good free-throw shooter, .769% in his career. If you compare this to Ray Allen and Kobe's, you'll see a HUGE difference.

Joe Johnson: "WHAT FLAWS?"

Joe Johnson has no flaws. I'm not being biased since I'm a Joe Johnson fan, but throughout his career he was flawless. Good shooter, and he's a decent close range scorer, rarely though. The two only flaws I see him in is that he's isn't skilled enough to attack the rim, and he can't really get pass his defender, which is kind of sad. Hope he improves next season.

Carmelo Anthony: "Defender"

Carmelo Anthony isn't a very good defender, doesn't give much effort. He usually allows the player he's guarding to score, tricking him good. If Carmelo improves his defense, he'll have no flaw. The only problem for Carmelo is on the Defensive side.

Chris Bosh: "Power Forward role is???"

Chris Bosh has a position and a role to play. He's the starting Power Forward, he seriously needs to play Power Forward in his game. It's like Chris Bosh switching positions with another player that can't play PF. He is also soft, needs to man up and act more tough on the defensive side. Not sure if he's soft on Offense, but whatever.

Amare Stoudemire: "Like Carmelo, ah?"

Amare Stoudemire is not a good defender, like Carmelo Anthony. This is the Knicks problem, 2 of the 3 "Big 3" players have defensive problems. I might be wrong, but I don't watch them play that much. I don't watch Chauncey play much either. New York is one of my least-favorite teams, so I don't pay attention to them.

Dirk Nowitzki: "Power Forward???"

Dirk Nowitzki is a size of a Center, but his jumpshot and his shooting makes him a Power Forward. Dirk Nowitzki doesn't attack the rim that much, which most Power Forwards do. His role is as a Power Forward, so he has to act like it before he turns to a 7'0 Shooting Guard, or perhaps he did already.

-GOOD QUESTION

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

LeBron James

- No post game. A player with his size and skill should dominate the post.

- Has trouble creating his shot in tight spaces or without momentum.

- Checks out in huge games.

Dwyane Wade (not a lot of weaknesses really)

- Not a great outisde shooter.

Joe Johnson

- Pretty complete player. Very good, not great at a lot of things, average defender.

Carmelo Anthony

- A big time scorer who can't create for other when his shot isn't going.

- Is a near below average rebounder and defender.

Chris Bosh

- He does what he's supposed in the role he's given. So it's hard to spot weaknesses. He does seem to have a soft mentality though (cries a lot).

Amare Stoudemire

- Doesn't care much about defense (but hasn't played on great defensive teams)

Dirk Nowitzki

- Doesn't have any real weaknesses at this point in his career. He's great at some things and average at others.

• 9 years ago

Yes, you are right. Every single NBA player has a flaw.

Lebron James - Doesn't have a developed post game. If James could add a post game like MJ or Kobe, he would become an even more dangerous scorer. His 3-point shot is also something that he could work on. Only shoots at .329 for his career from downtown. And yes, James struggles to close out games sometimes. Despite these flaws, he is probably the most complete player in the NBA at the moment.

Dwyane Wade - Whilst Wade is a good penetrator and gets to the line very often, his jump shot is a bit streaky. He only shoots at .292 for his career from 3. However, Wade is another very complete player as he is phenomenal offensive player and great defensive player.

Joe Johnson - Johnson is not a great defender. This season he only averaged 0.6 steals and 0.1 blocks per game. While he is a solid offensive player, he could become an even better all-around player if he committed to defense.

Carmelo Anthony - While Anthony is a great scorer, he is one-dimensional as he is quite lazy on the defensive end of the floor. While he is a good rebounder for his position, he isn't a great passer and sometimes struggles to get his teammates involved.

Chris Bosh - Not a good defender for his position. He is quite inconsistent and struggles at defending in the post. He only averaged 1.1 blocks per game this year. He also could be a better low post player if he started to play more aggressive. Bosh has a good jump shot and spreads the floor but sometimes lacks a low post presence.

Amare Stoudemire - Like Carmelo Anthony, Stoudemire is quite lazy defensively. When he decides to player defense, it can be spectacular. However, he is inconsistent and slightly one-dimensional.

Dirk Nowitski - Can be considered soft by some people and he doesn't rebound much for a 7 footer (7 rpg this year). He is also not a great defender, never having made an All Defensive Team in his career.

• Wade
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I gotta say some of the answers above are not well thought of. To sum it up for you....

Lebron James - Crab Dribble. He does have a post game but it is not that good. A better post game will improve his game though. He also needs a killer instinct (watch the finals) Mental toughness.

Dwyane Wade - Despite what others say, i think Wade has a decent jumpshot. An improvement again would not hurt. Other than that i don't see any other weakness D;

Joe Johnson- Inconsistency, yes people above are right. Better defense perhaps. Not that athletic compared to others.

Carmelo Anthony - Athleticism is not really a flaw but if he was even more athletic(like lebron) he would be even better. Defense- He needs to be an even more dominating presence. Mentality, passing ability.

Chris Bosh - Defense, better defense. Tight Defense. You get my point. Real Soft. Finishing hard

Amare Stoudemire - Better Defense, again a more dominating prescence. Better Mentality.

Dirk Nowitzki- Defense, finishing better at the rim. More dunks etc play aggresively.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Power Forward: Dirk Nowitzki Pau Gasol Amare Stodemire Small Forward: Lebron James Kevin Durant Carmelo Antony Centers: Dwight Howard Al Horford David Lee Shooting Guards Kobe Bryant Dwyane Wade Brandon Roy Point Guard: Deron Williams Chris Paul Raja Rondo

• 9 years ago

LeBron - Don't really have a consistent 3 pointer. Inability to close a game.

Wade - Not the best jump shooter, gets careless with ball\passes at times.

Johnson - In consistent, known for a horrible contract.

Melo - Not the best defender, lacks a big of strength.

Bosh - Not the strongest person, gets bullied in the post. Inability to use his non dominate hand when going up.

Amar'e - Again not a good defender.

Dirk - Not really a shot blocking PF, can get outrebounded but he's gotten better.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

LeBron - coming through in the clutch and no posting up even when he is that big and strong

D-Wade - not that good of a jumper

Joe - Inconsistency and plus that bananas contract

Melo - Defense

Bosh - Needs to post up more instead of facing up

Stoudemire - Defense (just like everyone else on the Knicks except Mr. Big Shot)

Dirk - Well nothing really

• Seijur
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

LeBron: Doesn't appear when it matters.

Wade: Injury prone.

Johnson: Just isn't that good anymore, and is too overpaid for his ability.

Anthony: Takes stupid shots sometimes and can be lazy on defense.

Bosh: Moments of being too soft, and doesn't DEMAND the ball from LeBron and Wade.

Amar'e: Not the best defender.

Dirk: Has never been a great defender.

• 9 years ago

Lebron- consistent jumpshot and foul shooting %

Wade- the same two things as lebron lol

Joe Jo-very inconsistent on offence at times

Melo- plays bad defense

Bosh-doesn't have many post up moves

Amare-slacks off on defense at times and inconsistent rebounder

Dirk-not a good defensive player and kinda slow

Source(s): However all those guys are great players and true all stars
  • 9 years ago

LeBron James - Finishing games, Not having a post-game when he's 6'8. -_-

Dwyane Wade - Finishing at the rim & lack of a decent jumper.

Joe Johnson - Having a big contract xD + Inconsistent.

Carmelo Anthony - Defense.

Chris Bosh - Hey.. when are you gonna play the PF position?

Amare Stoudemire - It's okay, defense won't hurt you.

Dirk Nowitzki - Your that tall, yet you don't rebound that well. Ever heard of Kenneth Faried?..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.