Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Will the ACLU and other Civil Rights Organizations be able to block Alabama's Draconian Immigration Law?

So far the American Civil Liberties Union and The Southern Poverty Law Center have filed suit in Alabama to block the immigration bill which many feel will lead to racial profiling and cost the State of Alabama millions in taxpayer dollars to try and uphold it.

Two restaurants owned by Documented owners are planning to close along with three construction companies in my area alone.

Farmers are going to lose millions from being unable to harvest crops in the field.

Will this law be upheld or will it be tossed into the trash bin where it belongs?

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

They will strike it down.

• kwal

I support Alabama all the way, I don't understand why everyone freaks when a state tries to protect itself from illegal immigration. If you are here legally then you have nothing to hide. I find it sad that people automatically assume Hispanics will be racially targeted, ect. The only time they can question your legality to be here is when they pull you over for another infraction. I highly doubt the cops will be cruising the streets looking for Hispanics to harass.

Well it's pretty obvious the feds don't give a fu*k about it which is why they wanted to placate illegals with the DREAM ACT.

We should just adopt Mexico's immigration policies that they enforce on the Guatemalan border.

'Draconian' must be the liberal talking point buzz word for the week. They are using it all over the place.

The ACLU is a Communist organization, not a Civil Rights organization.

The ACLU is involved in systemic violations of rights -- rules that are unconstitutional or valid rules that violate rights of lots of persons. for deepest vindication of rights, related to a unmarried incident, hire a legal expert.

If you can't provide proof of citizenship, you should be deported. Not to confuse Mexicans with Guadamalans and Nicaraguans of course.

The ACLU are natzi communists and will only fight for wrong.

NOPE, is there anything else I can help you with today?