M asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Jane Austen -ish love story movie?

I watched a movie several years ago that reminded of Jane Austen's books. The setting was pretty much identical to Jane Austen movies, same time period, clothing, etc. There was a British soldier in red who was in love with a young lady (I think she had blond or light brown hair). The lady also had a sister. I can't remember too much about the plot, but I remember the soldier was in love with the young lady and for some reason they were forbidden to be together. I also remember a scene where the soldiers rode down to some cliffs at the ocean at the end. I think I remember the soldier getting killed in the end. The movie appeared to be shot in the 90's and was a British film.

Can anyone give me some suggestions for what movie this could be? Sorry I don't remember anymore details about the movie, it's been a long time since I saw it.

Thanks

I did a search and finally found it. The movie is called The Scarlet Tunic.

Favorite Answer

yay you found it and its the movie The Scarlet Tunic lol

The Scarlet Tunic (1998)

stars Jean-Marc Barr, Emma Fielding and Simon Callow

The spectacular scenery of Wessex and the Dorset coast provides the backdrop for this adaptation of a Thomas Hardy short story. Set in nineteenth century rural England, this is the story of forbidden romance between a German hussar serving with King George III's personal cavalry, Matthaus Singer, and the only daughter of a West country solicitor, Frances Groves. The German legion is encamped on the downs as the threat of war with Napoleon looms. Matthaus longs for his homeland and Frances is trapped in an interminable engagement to one of her father's business associates, Humphrey Gould. Illicit meetings between Frances and Matthaus flare into a passionate affair as each searches for escape and happiness. Were they to be discovered, she would be branded a soldier's whore and he a disgrace to his regiment...

• ?

I have a bunch Eragon-Christopher Poaloni Vampire Academy-Richelle Mead The Noble Dead Saga-Barb and JC Hendee (My favorite ever) House of Night Series-PC and Kirsten Cast Dark Days Novels-Jocelynn Drake Tithe and Ironside-Holly Black Midnighters Series- Scott Westerfield The Summoning Evermore The Revelers Dead Until Dark Series-Charlene Harris

I think its called Lost In Austen

Source(s): I am A Jane Austen FAN