Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 9 years ago

Purple eyes syndrome (Alexandria's Genesis) - need a clarification?

I recently read a strange article about this genetic mutation, better known as Alexandria's Genesis. Generally, people with purple eyes have it along with other characteristic features like white skin, dark brown hair and so on.

The article (link given at the bottom) also mentions that they are some sort of "super humans" with longer life spans - people with the mutation managing to live for more than 150 years, incredibly strong immune system, slowed aging along with other rather extraordinary features

according to Wikipedia, the oldest person ever was 122 years old, which made me wonder if this really was possible - but there could have been some "unreported cases" of such people living for much longer as the world is a rather vast place....

Could you guys give me your opinion on whether or not this is true? - please give detailed reasons supporting your views!

link to article - http://www.outpost-daria.com/fanfic/purple_eyes.ht...

Favorite Answer

Natural purple, or rather violet, eyes are rare, but they do exist. They are NOT a brilliant purple as some Photoshopped images and contacts would have you believe.

Blue eyes are common in newborns, and eyes often can darken or change color after birth; hair is often lighter at birth and can darken as the child ages. (BTW, it is nearly impossible to develop lighter eyes without some sort of trauma or disease).

Your "article" is actually background information from a story written by an author who also created the Daria comic books. Alexandria's Genesis is fictional. It was created as a back story for one of her characters.

There is no article in Snopes regarding Alexandria's Syndrome; it is not even a frequent enough myth to warrant an article.

There are rare instances of people who are unusually resistant to diseases and health problems; they are very interesting to scientists, but they do not have a "disease" or "condition" as a scientist would define it.

They also do not have purple eyes.

It is also true that many of the people with unusual resistance to illness are frequently "thin" by modern standards, consume lots of food without gaining much apparent weight, do not need as much sleep as "normal", and are often very intelligent. That is because they have high metabolisms; their bodies are running on "high" all the time.

They almost always have SHORTER lifespans than average. It is also associated with other physical and mental health problems- heart problems, attention deficit, insomnia, indigestion, bulimia etc.

"The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long."

Everyone (and everything that lives) creates "waste", even people with high metabolism. In fact constipation is a common side effect.

Any woman who does not get her period would (by definition) be unable to have children. People with high metabolism and low body fat tend to go through puberty late and to have spotty or infrequent menses. Gymnasts and ballet dancers are the best examples of this: they often do not start to develop until they are about 17-20 due to excessive exercise and low body fat. Once a young woman (athlete) develops breasts her career is almost certainly over (that is why there is such a high incident of eating disorders and drug abuse, again shortening their lives).

Even women with PCOS (a digestive condition associated with diabetes like symptoms) who get infrequent menses can still have children. It is not uncommon for them to claim to have gone 6 months or even more without a period (then to have a horribly painful period that lasts several weeks).

• User

If you need a clarification on purple eyes syndrome (Alexandria's Genesis), you can real online resources that are available on this subject. Although there have been different views on purple eyes syndrome (Alexandria's Genesis), you can surely get some clarification after reading online resources.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The article (link given at the bottom) also mentions that they...

Source(s): purple eyes syndrome alexandria 39 genesis clarification: https://shortly.im/kIGYk

No, this isn't true. This was just from a fan fiction. Here are the words coming from the one who made it:

Alexandria’s Genesis: The Fallacy and the Truth

Nearly 15 years ago (circa 1998), I was a huge fan of Daria, MTV’s favourite high school cynic. I had also discovered fan fiction then, and when I found some related to my favourite show, I wanted to leave my mark.

I just didn’t know my mark would be the size of a logic-bomb crater.

Thursday evening, something I created under a male pseudonym when I was 19 turned up on my Tumblr dashboard. Something that I made up as a silly back story for my two Daria-based Mary Sues (fan fiction characters who are “perfect” in every manner possible… and then some). Something that, in turn, was a projection of my personal gender identity and body image issues that I was starting to confront in my 20s. This something, in the 15 years since I first wrote it, had taken a life of its own.

This something was Alexandria’s Genesis, a fictional posthuman/alien genetic mutation I created in order to make my Mary Sues (one male, one female) more… special. Alas, AG had also evolved into “children of the violet ray” fodder, all to the point that some individuals legitimately believed that not only was it real, but that they actually had the condition. An individual by the name of Cognized took their time to explain why it wasn’t, an explanation that was re-blogged by SexGenderBody, which I then read. My reaction to AG’s evolution from weak plot device to New Age idiocy was of shock, being appalled, and the kind of bemused outrage that could only come from a travesty like this.

I then wrote a response, outing myself as the (wo)man behind the curtain… but I don’t think it’s enough.

The short version: Alexandria’s Genesis is not, was not, and will never be a real thing; it was a silly little back story for someone’s entertaining first draft.

http://phallocentricfascism.tumblr.com/post/531209...

• roser

People With Purple Eyes

Big Pharma Companies Hate This...

Hello, my name is Ken Drew...

In this short and controversial health exposé, I’m going reveal the one amazing little secret, long suppressed by Big Pharma, that will bulletproof your body against the scary illnesses like Cancer, Heart disease, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, Arthritis and more....and its something that you can do right now in your home.

Without ever popping a single pill, getting any dreaded needle, prescriptions of any kind. Even sidestepping alternative therapies that never seem to work. Ineffective supplements that waste time and frustrate you to no end. Not to mention tear a hole in your wallet...

...Or even put you in an early grave.

Think of how you felt today - http://reversediseasetoday.info/young-again-10.htm...

I've heard of several people with purple eyes in the area, but have never seen them. I don't know about the aging or super strength though, because they're around my age, but I've heard that they are way attractive.

Source(s): Family and friends