RESISTIVE & CAPACITIVE touch screen?

what is the difference b/w RESISTIVE & CAPACITIVE touch screen?? which one would be better for me to have in my cell phone???

Best Answer

Resistive= two layers of sensors on top of a screen that registers a touch from pressure. (U can usually feel them.)

Capacitive=sensors on a screen that registers a touch through conduction of electricity from your fingers.(that's why when touching this kind of screen with your nail it wont do anything)

Most devices now use capacitive touch screens as they are more accurate and easily support multi-touch e.g. pinch to zoom

Resistive touch screens can be modified to support multi-touch but this is pretty difficult and not efficient or accurate.

Unless you know a certain device that has an excellent resistive touch screen and you don't mind not having multi-touch then it should be fine. But for accuracy and no frustration of incorrect touch registrations capacitive is the way to go. Capacitive is best to have on your cell phone.

Source(s): I'm pretty sure I got all that right. Lol hope I helped :)
  • Marie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axUHC

Advantages of capacitive touch screen High touch resolution. Visibility good even in sunlight. Not affected by dirt, grease, moisture. Multi touch support available. Disadvantages of capacitive touch screen Must be touched by finger (at least 5% humidity). More expensive.

resistive is old technology, which basically senses the pressure on the screen

its disadvantage is accuracy... but you can use a variety of styluses etc on the screen

capacitive is what all newer phones, tablets, tec use. it senses voltage changes on the screen due to touch of your finger

its basically the only one you will find on new phones, so you don't really have much choice.

Capacitive most better ...

challenging point. browse onto yahoo or google. just that could help!