Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 9 years ago

Should my girls watch these shows?

Hey everyone

My 16 (almost 17) and 18 year old sisters babysit my almost 2 year old twin daughters often. When they are babysitting they are commonly watching telivision shows such as Hannah Montana, A show where the kids are on a web show and I think the other one is called Victorious. Should my daughters be watching shows such as this? They love the music in them and apparently they dance around to it.

Do you let your young children watch these programs? I was just curious.

Favorite Answer

No, my children absolutely do not watch such crap. We have never seen Hannah Montana, and my 4 year old doesn't even know who that is.

My kids watch very limited TV. What they do watch is usually Barney, The Backyardigans, The Wiggles, Toopy and Binou...and my 4 year old will watch parts of Disney Movies occasionally. so far she's watched parts of the Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland and The Little Mermaid.

Well, i'm not a parent, But there is nothing questionable in these shows. I assume the web show is iCarly. There is nothing that a 2 year old could be damaged by, no swearing or suggestive themes etc.

My 6 and 1 year old girls watch iCarly and Victorious all the time. I've seen it too and don't think it is inappropriate. The worst thing I've seen on it is a couple kissing.

I will not let my kids watch those shows or spongebob. They are 2 and 4. Their minds need nurturing. These shows teach disrespect and the kids in them are rude.

Dora, mickey mouse, and shows aimed at preschool kids are better for this age group. Of course, so is limiting tv time.

I think its kind of weird that your 17 and 18 year old want to watch those shows. They annoy the **** out of me ESPECIALLY iCarly. That show is the most annoying thing ever put on television. Totally harmless though.

Those shows are made for kids and pre-teens (mostly girls) I think they help your kids more then hurt them. The girls in all the shows are nice and friendly, there is music that appeals to them, and the shows will meet to their satisfaction (as soon as they can understand it) I personally say yes.

my 4 year old likes to watch

tree-house

disnayJunior

baby.tv

that's her all favorite channels

in each every one she has something to watch and has always something she likes

One day i was searching for her movie and it was hannah montana.....my daughter wasn't even attention to this show...she would rather watch Shriek than that

2 years old shouldn't be watching too much TV. 10 minutes?

Yes those shows are for families and have no age restriction.

I consider it fine, the show your referring to is iCarly, and they are all appropriate shows, no nudity or vulgar language. It should be fine.