Anonymous

What are my chances of getting into MIT?

So, I am an entering sophomore in high school, and i want to go to MIT. I did poorly my freshmen year due to lack of effort and got a 3.75 GPA. However, I am taking three AP courses in the fall (AP Calculus BC, AP Chem, and AP World History). What do you think my chances of getting into MIT are?

oh i forgot to add i swim for varsity for my school

• eri
    Best Answer

Everyone applying to MIT has the highest grades in the hardest classes and they take about 10% of applicants. You need all that and a lot to have a shot at MIT or other top schools. Based on your GPA and being a few years ahead in math, you're an average applicant at best. Very little chance. Did you know many of the students accepted to MIT each year have already done original research at the college level? That's what you're up against there.

Dont listen to these people. You got a shot if you have a balanced application. People say that you need a super high gpa but without a balanced application it will be impossible to get in. Keep trying and ignore the negative advice. You cant succeed if you dont try. SO TRY!!

Unlikely.

what you try ,what can you do try ,try and try ..

what are you waiting for try try try .what try