What position should I play for my High School Football team?

I am currently going to my practice on Monday. I don't know what i want to play. I can throw the ball far and accurate but i'm too shirt at around 5'5 -5'6' ish height. Running back is perfect for me but i don't have that good of stamina and Dont wanna get tackled. So I was thinking either safety or Cornerback. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

You think you are too short to be a QB. You don't want to be tackled. Safty and CB are positions that require flying into a receiver to make a tackle of someone running toward you.

From your description so far, I think soccer might be a better game for you.

my high school quarterback was 5'6 and he set the record for longest touchdown pass in school history. the best position would be playing Cornerback if you dont want to get tackled but you gotta have the balls to come up and tackle the ballcarrier when you need to.

It sounds like you answered your own question. At 5'6'', saftey may be the better option, but you won't know until you practice and see what fits you.

Other options at 5'6 would be nose tackle, fullback, or even O line (if you're big enough).

And make sure you try out for all the special teams as well. BTW, can you kick?

High school usually lets you do two positions so go for running back and cornerback, you have to be quick for both and its fooball so you need to get physical no matter what position you play.

Get with the coach. He makes the decisions.