Not replying right after my ex-bf sends me a message that he is breaking up with me is good?

me and my ex bf been for like 6 mos and we really had a good time having each other and never had a strong argument, and it is only sometimes we had miss understanding and we're talking about it right away and after awhile we are going to be ok. He is 27 y/o and I'm 23, 3 mos that we are together he told me... show more me and my ex bf been for like 6 mos and we really had a good time having each other and never had a strong argument, and it is only sometimes we had miss understanding and we're talking about it right away and after awhile we are going to be ok. He is 27 y/o and I'm 23, 3 mos that we are together he told me that he want to move out of England, to explore the world and study to be a diving teacher and I don't have yet a hard feelings for him that time and I asked him if he wants to continue the relationship, and he said he still want me so I stayed, keep on asking him what can be the best thing to do if he already exploring the wprld he said emailing, skype , facebook and reading his blog. then by the time goes by we're always seeing each other everyday because he is leaving soon. 2 weeks before his flight he has to go back to Manchester where his orignaly came from because he is just renting a house here in London and his contract finished before he move out to England. 3 days before his flight he went down here in London to see me and spent time with me and to be easy for him to get into airport, we really had a good time for the last day we're together, I really felt he really missed me, and he is really happy to see me after 2 weeks not seeing each other, he said to me " i don't want you to be with anybody else apart from me " so I'm expecting that he really likes to comeback to me after doing his goal, and because he really don't like to live here in England he want to stay in another country where he can practice and be a diving teacher, because I'm a Filipina and only got a year to stay here in England he told me after his journey he going to follow me wherever I am. So he already gone and started to explore the world and the first thing he is doing is to study how to be a diving teacher and right now he has to stay somewhere for 6 weeks to do his course. On a first week he is keeping in touch with me like sending me a message even like once a day, and in a 2nd week get change 2 days not emailing me then 3 days and I saw him online but never replied to me or drop a message to say hi to me and after 10 min he is being online he went offline. Then I sent him a message that I'm upset that he is not messaging me for 3 days then I saw him online but never message me on facebook and I noticed too that he deleted all our pictures together even his own photos I tagged him so I knew that there is something wrong thinking that we are not been together for only 2 WEEKS after he left England. Then the nextday 1:13 am here in UK i don't know why I woke up that time and hurried to look at my phone then I saw he message me I'm excited and a bit nervous then boom! he is breaking up with me, telling and apologising that he is not been in contact cos he have has to think something and straight to his head and he think about us saying where kidding ourselves if our relationship can work. And he said that after a year he is away he gonna spend it somewhere else. And he really hope that I can see that I will be fine without him. After I'd receive this message I never reply to his message because firstly it is clear that he closed the door for both of us. And because I get upset and really get hurt, after I received his message didn't reply to him. It happend only this week so It is just I only implementing the NO CONTACT rule only for myself. But I'm thinking if he is expecting a reply from me or he doesn't care if I'm not replying? Is he missed me? and the worse thing I still want him back but I can't see any chance that maybe in the future we can be together because the way that the message says that it is really close between the two of us. Is it really good step that I never reply to his message?

Please help me..