.KNL.
.KNL. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

Pregnancy Hemorrhoids?

Several weeks ago I developed a very painful hemorrhoid. I wasn't constipated at all and it wasn't any more painful when I went to the bathroom, so it must have been from the pressure my growing uterus is putting down there. It was about the size of a grape and I could barely move. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and I got the hemorrhoid at about 22 weeks.

I went to my OBGYN and she prescribed me AnalPram (sp?) It made the pain go away, and it shrunk a little. But even after several weeks it's still there and still pretty large, even painless. Is this normal of a hemorrhoid in pregnancy? I've never had one before so I don't know how long it's supposed to take before they disappear. I do everything recommended to keep it painless and to keep any more from popping up.

It's also affecting intimacy between the husband and I because I'm too scared to attempt actual sex since the hemorrhoid is so closer to the vaginal opening. I don't want to irritate it, which I'm pretty sure would happen.

I guess I'm just looking for information. Is what I've described normal? And will my husband and I be able to ever have sex again? It seems like the rest of this pregnancy plus the recommended 6+ weeks postpartum is years and years of a dry spell. :( He says he's okay with it, but I feel really badly for him-more so than myself. Is there anything I can do??

• jrmiz1
    Favorite Answer

This is normal. Try "Tucks" They gave them to me at the hospital after delivery and my HUGE hemorrhoids were gone by the time I checked out (even the ones I had before I got pregers)

My pre-pregnancy hemorrhoids were what they call "inactive". It means they are there but not swollen or painful. When the hemorrhoid is inactive it should not cause pain during intercourse.

Good luck and congrats! (on the baby--not the hemorrhoids LOL)

1

Source(s): Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids http://sparkindl.info/HemorrhoidsNaturalCure

I developed hemorrhoids about 3 years ago because of the long hours spent working in my cubicle. My doctor tried to do everything in her power to help me, but unfortunately the medication didn't work. Surgery was out of the question! At that point, I was helpless, embarrassed and with almost no social life, so I've decided to try something else.

I bought this book on how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally, "Hemorrhoids No More" by Jessica Wright, doctor and independent remedy researcher ( available in electronic format + video here: http://www.hemorrhoidsnomore.net ). After reading the book and taking action in 48 hours the pain, irritation, itching and bleeding was gone. To my surprise I was able to permanently cure my hemorrhoids 100% naturally.

We need to stop paying paying each month good money on drugs, creams and oils. This is exactly what the pharmaceutical industry wants us to do! They want to milk money from us each month. Good luck!

The most common causes of hemorrhoids are straining during bowel movements and obesity. Follow these essential hemorrhoid prevention tips and you may not even have to delve into any hemorrhoid treatments https://tr.im/HemorrhoidsRemedies

If you’re straining during bowel movements, there is no doubt that you are suffering from constipation, and obesity only heightens your chance of experiencing these digestive issues. The best solution for hemorrhoids is to not have them at all!

This resource http://treathemorrhoid.kyma.info is a must for anyone suffering from hemorrhoids and digestive disorders. I was surfing the internet with trying to find answers to my recurring and debilitating hemorrhoid disorders and I accidently stumbled across it. It has saved my self-esteem and independence after years of crippling hemorrhoids and fissures and their painful symptoms!

it is normal. I didn't have a hemorrhoid while I was pregnant, but developed a small one from the strain of pushing. It was sore, but it didn't bother me too bad. Take the medicine and attempt to have sex with your husband. Don't let the IF stand in the way. If it hurts...stop. There are surgeries that can remove them too.

• Mary

it sucks and is normal. try sitz baths with witch hazel in them.