The rolling stones or the beach boys?

• Lana H
    Favorite Answer

Beach Boys:

* FIRST BAND inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

* FIRST act inducted into the VOCAL group Hall of Fame (Stones still aren't in)

* First self produced Rock act (don't think The Stones ever were)

* First band who wrote AND COMPOSED all their own material (nope for the Stones there too)

* First ORIGINAL Rock Band (Stones copied American R&B & Soul artists and their popularity relied on being the "anti" Beatles)

* The Beach Boys were the only "competition" to The Beatles (supposedly) after all the American rock acts, girl groups, doo wop groups, motown, and soul artists were stifled by the media saturation of the Mop Tops

*Do we really wanna compare Brian Wilson with Mick Jagger?? lmao (or Dennis or Carl Wilson for that matter??)

*The Beatles took their cues from alot of places, not the least of which was The Beach Boys

*Jagger copied some of his "dancing" from Mike Love, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell.

All this AND the Beach Boys had the cards totally stacked against them after they were dethroned as the #1 American Act (not to mention the #1 Band in the World) when the Beatles took over AND were assigned to the Beach Boys' record label, Capitol. After which the Beatles became the number one (and only priority) for the label in the Beach Boys' home country & state because The BBs were already "established". So everything The Beach Boys accomplished post 1963 was basically despite their circumstances and with their own label promoting AGAINST THEM. And they still came out as the premiere American Act, The Beatles "Only Competition", and the most critically acclaimed & commercially successful American Band of All Time.

Seriously, I find it ridiculous when people compare The Beach Boys & Beatles (much less put the Beatles as "better"), and everyone knows The Stones were only popular BECAUSE of The Beatles, so the comparison of The Beach Boys & Stones is beyond ludicrous to me.

Mick Jagger himself, was so taken aback, and in awe of I Get Around he personally pushed the competition's new single in England endlessly. The Beach Boys' music is so incredible it (apparently) totally mesmerizes the opposition into sabotaging themselves. If he was that taken by I Get Around (he listened to the entire All Summer Long album everyday on their American tour) I wonder what he thought of The Beach Boys' music over the next ten years??? Today, Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Surf's Up, Holland anyone???

The Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones

• The Stones by far. Beach Boys are cool but I enjoy rock better.

• mark j

As I'm British, there's no other possible answer other than The Stones. I like some Beach Boys stuff, but as our weather is mostly grey and dreary, and there isn't much call for surfing in these parts, their music doesn't really relate to me as much as The Stones.

Beach Boys

D D

The Beach Boys didn't really spark off a new revolution of music and I can't stand the bloody puffs...

The Rolling Stones on the other hand were amazing and I absolutely love them! :)

Go Jagger!

Really, is that even a question? The stones of course. That's like comparing the Beatles to the monkees

The Beach Boys, I love their vocal harmonies

Dude, is that even a question? The Stones all the way.