Does the Federal Reserve show tourists a fake vault in their tours?

I was on a tour of the Federal Reserve the other day and at one point in the tour they take you down to show the vault and all of the gold. The vault seemed way to accessible and not very well protected. I'm wondering if maybe they built a replica vault that they show to the public and the real vault is actually located in a different area.

Update:

The Federal Reserve holds 25% of the worlds gold. So even though the US is not on the gold standard there still is a ton of gold. I'm looking for if the vault is fake, not why there is so much gold or if there is that much gold.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For an interesting perspective on the yes or no of missing gold bullion try these two links on the topic: I also posted a y question which no one really took the time to answer

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...

A Very Interesting Story…..It Involves The Rusian FSB (Successor To KGB), Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, Dominque Strauss-Kahn Of The IMF, And The United States CIA.

http://thestatedtruth.com/?p=18870

Russia Says IMF Chief Jailed For Discovering All US Gold Is Gone

"According to this FSB secret report, Strauss-Kahn had become “increasingly concerned” earlier this month after the United States began “stalling” its pledged delivery to the IMF of 191.3 tons of gold agreed to under the Second Amendment of the Articles of Agreement signed by the Executive Board in April 1978 that were to be sold to fund what are called Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) as an alternative to what are called reserve currencies".

http://www.eutimes.net/2011/05/russia-says-imf-chi...

• idk, but I do know that more gold is in reserve in the vault of the Manhattan Federal Reserve bank than there is at Fort Knox.

All of this belongs to various governments, and seldom does any enter or leave the vault, it simply gets moved around inside the vault from one government's stack to another. Sometimes the stacks aren't even moved, just the cardboard sign on top of the stack signifying who the stack belongs to is changed.

Given the size and weight of gold bricks they aren't that hard to keep under guard. Had James Bond actually been carrying a gold brick around the golf course as in "Goldfinger" he would have been exhausted by the end of the first hole.

• 10 years ago

Which Federal Reserve Bank? There are twelve of them. Also, since we are not on the gold standard, there wouldn't be any reason to stockpile gold in them.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's a real vault but it probably only has a small amount of gold. There is only enough gold in the US for less than a trillion dollars in circulation - far less, I believe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes, it's fake

Source(s): Shark Hunter
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.