Pre-Approved Mortgage Loan?

My husband and I want to go to the bank to ask for a Loan to buy a house, we want to 1st get pre-approved and than look for houses on the price range that we were approved for. My question is... if we get approved for 300k and buy a home for 250k can we still get the other 50k for other expenses? We would like to... show more My husband and I want to go to the bank to ask for a Loan to buy a house, we want to 1st get pre-approved and than look for houses on the price range that we were approved for. My question is... if we get approved for 300k and buy a home for 250k can we still get the other 50k for other expenses? We would like to use that money to pay off both of our cars and just have one loan all together. Is this possible???
Update: How do people buy homes and than use extra money to fix it like windows or adding appliances?