Urgent help required, serious musical ethics conundrum?

So, I was out driving with a classmate to the store to get some supplies, when Bon Jovi came on the car radio. My passenger endeared to turn the volume of this musical abomination up, and not only did I fail to deal with the horrific noise that ensued, I found myself singing along.

How do I justify living anymore?

What should I do to myself as punishment for my complacency?

MQ: A song that lots of other people seem to like, but you want to remove from the world?

MQ2: Favourite radio station?

BQ: Anyone want to play some Big Stranger Rodeo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Fpd5HibiQ

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

Im sorry to say but the damage is done. Your too late. A decade of therapy and repenting and your halfway there. That why I tell all my friends if you find me listening to Bon Jovi I give you permission to lay your hands on me. When I try to tell people who listen to Bon Jovi about how much they suck they always say "it's my life". Well that shit is like bad medicine and they give music a bad name.

MQ> Empire State Of Mind Jay Z and Alicia Keys

MQ2> Dont really have one.

BQ> That shit wouldnt fly in New Jersey.

Have a nice day.

• David

Though I realize you're asking this in a funny, tongue-in-cheek way (at least I have to assume so, because if you were seriously that fragile and easily traumatized you undoubtedly wouldn't have made it this far), I'd just like to point out, for what it's worth, that there's nothing wrong with liking music that isn't "cool". I love one of Bon Jovi's early hits ("Runaway"), not to mention quite a bit of muzak (the Carpenters [John Lydon was also a fan of theirs and I can prove it, incidentally], Barry Manilow, and Morris Albert, just to name a few), cheesy early nineties hip-hop (including but not limited to "The Power" by Snap and "One Night Stand" by Father MC). I could go on, but you get the idea. What's wrong with enjoying something deliberately and infectiously catchy that doesn't have any pretensions of being anything more? *Dismounts soap box*

MQ: "Man I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain.

MQ2: Lately, perhaps WFUV (I live in the greater NYC area).

BQ: I'm at work, appearances notwithstanding. That would fall under the "seriously pushing my luck even more than I usually do" category.

My heart goes out to you, sometimes we find ourselves going along in order to make the situation easier...I think that you have been punished enough.

MQ: Umbrella - Rihanna, I used to date a guy that would play that song loud while we were driving and he would sing along. He really loved the song, but it made me want to hurl myself from the vehicle out in to traffic. It really annoyed me.

MQ2: 106.1 It really isn't my favorite, but it is the only station that I can tune into at work that doesn't play Christian or Country music...they however do play a lot of Bon Jovi!

BQ: Hey, I already do that, that is how I pick up dates LOL

I'll block you Fred. okay? I can't be a contact with someone who likes Bon Jovi. My brother went to Bon Jovi concert yesterday and you can't imagine how he disgusts me.

You better kill yourself.

MQ:Born This Way - Lady GaGa

MQ2:You don't know any radio station from my country :)

BQ:ha ha that was cool. I laughed a lot.

Playing that? no thanks. I don't wanna get punched by some men.

Source(s): Bon Jovi fan I wanted to be in that fucking concert!

I embraced terrible pop music long ago and have been enjoying myself immensely.

1: A lot of recent top 40 music sung my American males is legitimately terrible. I have tried, but I cannot get down with it. This one sucks.

Grenade - Bruno Mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKr3kFxdNA

Youtube thumbnail

2: Bailed on radio a while back. After ownership rules were relaxed in the 90s, it was largely taken over by a few corporations.

3: Good times.

That's low. I'm considering blocking you now... That is an unjustifiable reprenhensible act of complacency. Tarring and feathering for you.

MA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb2E1q7xtc

Youtube thumbnail

*Shudders* Oh the horror...

Awh lol Funny story...Happens to me all the time when my sister (who has a terrible taste in music) is in the car.

MQ: Hip Hop songs in general

MQ2: 100.7 The Bay (Classic Rock) or 96.1 (Susquehanna's favorite hits (Oldies))

Baltimore area

• Chip

Don't sweat it. It's your subconscious trying to tell you that Bon Jovi really isn't as horrid as you think - go with it and try to enjoy...

MQ: "Signs" (Five Man Electrical Band / Tesla)

MQ2: 105.5 WDHA!

BQ: Not for me, but cool vid!

Fred Fred Fred...how could you!!

I'm just crushed.

MA: Ants Marching by Dave Matthews

MA2: WKJX 106.1

BA: Sure Pardner.

Hi DDF,

punishment wil b listening to the song friday for 1 whole day.

MQ:baby by beaver

MQ2:ChroniX Agression(internet)