Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesBMW · 8 years ago

Difference between Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S?

I'm looking to buy my first car, which I really want a Mini Cooper. I could really afford either the base model or the supercharged one (and I do like fast cars) but how much difference would you feel between them? I don't plan on taking it like really fast, just enough to be "peppy"

Best Answer

I've got a Mini Cooper. It is definitely peppy, surprisingly so for a small car.

Great car – great fun to drive. Comfy too – as long as your not in the back seat!

Having said that the S (sport) version is higher spec – better engine, twin exhaust, etc.

I do not think it is necessary to go for the S but why not go for a test drive yourself.

• ?

Cooper Vs Cooper S

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm looking to buy my first car, which I really want a Mini Cooper. I could really afford either the base model or the supercharged one (and I do like fast cars) but how much difference would you feel between them? I don't plan on taking it like really fast, just enough to be...

Source(s): difference mini cooper mini cooper s: https://biturl.im/jd3UG
  • Ryan

Honestly, only you can really say that, and should try test driving each to confirm. Personally, the standard Cooper would be quick enough for me (not that I'd turn down a Cooper S of course), but you might feel differently.

Standard Cooper is kind of peppy. The "S" is a rocket ship. If you like to pass at will, get the "S"

Source(s): Owner of a 2006 Cooper S-JCW

the s is for sport package..

it's really not worth a few extra hundreds for the s model unless you plan on doing abit of speeding in it.

• Fox

the S is the turbo charged model, though the regular mini pretty zippy in it's own right

(especially w/ the manual trans)

Source(s): owner 2006 Mini cooper checkmate edition