Can't add friends on Steam?

I have a steam account but its not letting me add friends to my list. It keeps telling me that I have to buy something off steam in order to get the full features of an account. The only game i've bought is Team Fortress 2, which was free. Thing is, my other friends can add people and they haven't bought anything. Anyone know whats wrong?

Favorite Answer

Even though you have TF2, you didn't buy it. You don't buy free things, that is why they are free

you need to spend money on steam to be able to add friends

Risotto! My absolute favourite. Lovely risotto rice with just red and yellow peppers, and mushrooms, with some fresh basil. Divine. As per several suggestions, pasta too (though note to Angela M who said that pasta in Marinara sauce is vegan - no it's not. Marinara sauce involves all kinds of shellfish!!) Sometimes the most basic spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce can be fantastic. Search google for Napolitana sauce for various recipes on thick tasty tomato sauces you make yourself (please don't buy those yucky tinned or jar ones!) I too would say please don't get sucked in by all those fake meat/fish etc substitues. It just makes people think that vegans can't live without something that looks, tastes and feels like meat, and that simply isn't true for the vast majority. Enjoy!! And I bet afterwards they are stunned at what vegan food can actually taste like.

• Your friends steam account probably had more features than yours.Maybe you got an original version and in that version it did not allow you to add friends unless you bought the update.Or maybe you got the account later or before because stuff changes all the time.

On steam, the only way to add people without buying something is to have someone else (who has bought something) add you rather than you adding them. Your friends most likely had the requests sent to them instead of them sending the requests.

Not sure if you can understand what I mean, but it's the only way I can explain it.

Source(s): I was stuck in the same situation at one point.

Buy Something in order for you to add someone..

or simply ask someone else to add you.. and you aren't wasting time to search for the person... Genius!

That's just f***ing messed up

oh wow

GAYYYY