How long can I avoid the process server?

The lender is trying to serve me a Writ of Possession for a vehicle they have been trying to repo since 2009. The process server has come by 11 times that I know of, and I've been successful at avoiding service each time. I stay in the house and act like I'm not home. I don't answer my door for anyone, and only run errands at night. I look both way carefully and get in and out of the car as fast as possible when I come and go. They only know that I'm listed as the property owner. They don't know for sure that I'm actually living here. I ran my credit report, and the original lender sold off the loan in early 2010. My credit shows all current payments for 2010 and 2011, and I haven't made a single payment! it seems like its helping my credit score to drag this out, hide the car, and avoid the process server for as long as I can. I understand that if they fail to recover the car, eventually the lender can sue me for the entire balance of the loan, regardless of whether they repo it or not. What if they never serve me? I understand they cant show up at a relatives house and give them papers to give to me, and they have to personally hand the papers to me. They cant just put them in the mailbox and say I got them. if they try that, whats the best way to "challenge service?"

@Someone: "Grand Auto Theft which is a Felony." huh? I would have to call the police and report MY car stolen. Why would I report it stolen, when I still have it? The bank is a lien holder, not the owner of the car. They CANT report it stolen. All they can do is sue me at some point for the full balance of the loan, and continue to try to repo the car

• ?
    Best Answer

Actually they can just post the summons in local newspapers for 3 weeks then have you arrested for

Grand Auto Theft which is a Feloney