What does "ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME" mean in credit card application?

I sent in a application and put my parents income down as well(i currently live at home still)! I since read online that the word "HOUSEHOLD" Mean's the person applying, why didn't they just say so on the form? I mean what purpose was it for them to use a confusing"HOUSEHOLD" instead... show more I sent in a application and put my parents income down as well(i currently live at home still)! I since read online that the word "HOUSEHOLD" Mean's the person applying, why didn't they just say so on the form? I mean what purpose was it for them to use a confusing"HOUSEHOLD" instead of "YOUR"? Surely they would know some people would take "household" as meaning "household". why household, if they meant you? It didn't say your's or your's and spouse( it said household)! What is their purpose in the use of the word "HOUSEHOLD" as oppossed to "YOUR or YOUR AND SPOUSE"! Anyways what if a spouse doesnt aggree to sign up, why would they ask for their's, instead of just "YOUR'S"! I mean why the "household" instead of the "your"? I suspect since they are in the 2011 wall-street banking industry(which has almost bankrupted the country),that they have some underhanded reason for this also!