After installing Windows 7 service pack 1 from windows updates my laptop has tremendously slowed down..pls hel?

Windows 7 service pack 1 foe x64 based system update took about 35 minutes to install and immediately after downloading it my laptop has slowd down. For ex. it takes much longer now for my laptop to start. also a game that i had installed Fifa 11 previously started almost immediately but now it takes too much... show more Windows 7 service pack 1 foe x64 based system update took about 35 minutes to install and immediately after downloading it my laptop has slowd down. For ex. it takes much longer now for my laptop to start.
also a game that i had installed Fifa 11 previously started almost immediately but now it takes too much time. Is there anyway to revert my laptop back to previous settings or any other way to speed it up?

my laptop config is 500gb hd
4 gb ram
amd processsor