Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

Hi im feeding my dog twice a day?

Mrn at 8 and evening at 6...Is it standard she is an eight months old ....Mrn dog food royal canin and evening Rice mixed with Egg and Milk..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

I fed my dog three times daily until about 6 months old then gradually took it to two meals a day.

I feed mine at 7.30 and 5.00 PM. However mine has had meat in both meals. I'm afraid that the rice mixed with milk will not be sufficient for her now she is 8 months old.

Royal Canin is fine if your dog is happy with it.

I recently changed my dog to James Wellbeloved because this is all natural food.

Every dog is different and what suits one may not suit another.

I hope I have helped a little.

Source(s): My own experience
  • 10 years ago

The dog doesn't need the rice, egg, and milk. Just give it the royal canin twice a day. Make sure it isn't too much, or your dog will gain weight.

Dog's digestive system isn't made to deal with cow milk. its makeup is different from dog milk. Think of them being lactose intolerant like humans. If the egg is raw, they could get sick from it. And I really don't think the rice is helping much.

just go with dog food.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Well how big is the dog? What's the breed and all that stuff.

My old dog we fed once a day straight from birth, and the dog I have now we had to feed 3 times a day, and now we feed her twice a day. So it would be much help if you could state some more facts about her.

Also if you seriously don't know, you could just ask her vet or something.

• ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

That's fine, but cut out the milk. There's really no need to feed milk to a dog. It's no benefit to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Milk isn't so good... However, plain yogurt once a week is good for their digestive system! My dog loves it! Anyway it sounds like a good feeding schedule if it is working out for you and your dog =)

Source(s): Dog owner, Yogurt feeder
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

dont give milk... it is not good for their digestion and can give them diarrhoea

dont give eggs every day, it is also bad for them

I feed my dog twice a day, but I make sure the portion sizes are perfect so she does not gain weight.

Source(s): My uncle is a vet
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.