Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

My girlfriend and her kid?

I've been dating this girl who has a kid and well i have nothing against her kid, I'm just wondering what do you guys think about a woman who already comes with a kid under her belt? She's only 21 years old and I'm 24 and I'm definitely not ready for kids of my own. Also, the biological dad is a jerk and really hates my guts. What do you guys think I should do?

Best Answer

Kids that aren't yours are a lot of excess baggage in a relationship. Did she tell you about the kid when you first started dating her ? Since you are not ready for kids of your own-you certainly don't need this one who isn't even yours. Not only does this girl come with the excess baggage of a kid.Apparently you are going to have to put up with her kids jerk of an ex bf. I'd move on if I were in your shoes. It's not going to get better,it's only going to get worse for you. Set her free to find someone who wants a relationship with her and 2 other people. You both deserve to live the life you want. You shouldn't be forced to have to deal with her kid and her ex.She shouldn't have to deal with you not wanting kids.You're both young and will meet plenty of other people who fit your needs better. It will be easier for you since you have no baggage.Don't be surprised when she tells you she is pregnant with YOUR kid ! Move on

• If you don't feel okay with her having a kid then you definately shouldn't date her because it isn't fair to anyone involved. Not every guy is going to feel comfortable dating a woman with a child and that is perfectly fine, just be honest about it. You also have to think about the child involved. It can be very confusing for a kids to see boyfriends come and go and by dating your girlfriend, you almost become responsible for the child. I think it is good that you are acknowledging your feelings and you should definately get out if you aren't ready for the responsibility.

I hope everything works out for you:)