Which Rotation would you rather have?

Roy Halladay (PHI)

Ricky Romero (TOR)

Ubaldo Jimenez (COL)

Jaime Garcia (STL)

Felix Hernandez (SEA)

Or

Tommy Hanson (ATL)

Trevor Cahill (OAK)

C.C. Sabathia (NYY)

Justin Verlander (DET)

Cliff Lee (PHI)

To the guy with the cards '06 championship logo if you let go Jimenez you have to drop back on lets say Ryan Franklin, and since I'm guessing your a Cards fan you know how he is

Favorite Answer

I would take rotation 2 because of the youth. Tommy Hanson has won 5 straight starts, Trevor Cahill has been pitching well of late, C.C. is always reliable and both Justin Verlander and Cliff Lee are dominant. The second rotation is deeper. I get 3 studs (Verlander, Lee, Sabathia) and two very nice young pitchers (Hanson and Cahill). The first gives be 1 stud (Halladay), 1 above average pitcher this season (Hernandez) 2 decent pitchers (Romero and Garcia) and one underacheiver (Jimenez). Again, I'll take the second rotation.

I'd rather have the 2nd rotation.

Tommy Hanson has been pitching really well for ATL.

Trevor Cahill has been pitching better after being roughed up beforehand and is no fluke.

C.C. Sabathia is a great consistent pitcher who will win maybe 20 games this year.

Justin Verlander is no-doubt the most dominating pitcher in the game right now and he's doing it in the AL with the DH.

Cliff Lee is great, he went 5 straight games with a win I believe and is also a great strikeout pitcher along with being an innings eater.

The 2nd one.

Sabathia, Verlander, & Lee have all proven themselves as great pitchers.

Romero, Jimenez, and Garcia have been inconsistent so far in their careers. Although Felix and Halladay are beasts.

• Daniel

I'd go with the 2nd C.C Sabathia wins 20 games a season almost every year Justin Verlander is undefeated and Cliff Lee was on fire last month and possibley this month too

Ubaldo sucks, he is seriously overrated coming into the season and his poor play shows that. Halladay is the best pitcher, but the second rotation is better s it has no weak links.

Halladay vs. Hanson, Halladay is better

cahill vs Romero, a tie r

CC vs Ubaldo, blow out winfor cc

Verlander beats Jaime

Lee vs. Felix is a tie.

The second one no doubt. Lee and Verlander are doing the best in all of MLB right now. Also CC is having another hot season

2nd one. Jimenez hasn't done very well this year. JV and Lee have been lights out since the beginning of June.

If I pick the first one can I release Jimenez and have a 4 man rotation?

2.

The second one would be better in the long run and it has two potential cy youngs this season, future cy yoings, and former.