What performance parts could be added to a Chevy 4.3l V6?

I have a 1993 s10 Blazer with a TBI 4.3l V6 (262ci). I have already added a thrush muffler and removed the catalytic converter entirely ( I live in Montana, so this is not illegal here), and added a chrome air cleaner therefore getting rid of the restricting stock one. My ideas include: Edelbrock performer intake manifold, hedman headers, and true duel exhaust. I thought about a TBI spacer but those seem to get bad reviews left and right. What should I add or remove from the list? I am going to college next year so engine swaps and outrageous overhauls are out of the question.

• blzn90
    Best Answer

Well you are already going down a bad road. Removing the catalytic converter is not going to let the computer go into closed loop, and the O2 sensor is not going to read right due to lack of heat that is needs to operate. Which in return is going to give you increased fuel which is great for a short term gain. After time you are going to wash out the rings and possibly even burn up the fuel pump. I speak from experience, I have several S10 Blazers 2wd and 4wd. I did exactly what you are doing now with my first one and after about the first year started running into the problem I stated above. The 4.3's are awesome motors, but there are a few no no's with them. Adding dual exhaust is another, I have also tried it and done a lot of reading about it. You will lose HP and lots of lower end torque. On my current daily driver, I am running a high flow cat, with 2 1/2 inch exhaust into a flowmaster. Here is a video of what it sounds like http://www.streetfire.net/video/my-94-s10-blazers-...

I am also running a coldair intake setup (which you are doing the same with the open element air breather) Accel cap, rotor, 8mm wires, AC platinum plugs, transmission cooler, 3.73 posi gears. That is pretty much it. I am getting 20 mpg and have good performance. If you are looking for great performance, swap out the intake, get a TBI off of a 350 and do a throttle body swap, and a set of headers, change the rocker arms to a 1.6 ratio set (just as good as a cam swap and you don't have to worry about the cpu freaking out) add a superchip prom, get a higher end harmonic balancer, run synthetic oil. All of the above I have also done on my 90 TBI 2wd, but it is currently getting a motor swap. Good luck with everything.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have a 1993 s10 Blazer with a TBI 4.3l V6 (262ci). I have already added a thrush muffler and removed the catalytic converter entirely ( I live in Montana, so this is not illegal here), and added a chrome air cleaner therefore getting rid of the restricting stock one. My ideas include: Edelbrock...

Source(s): performance parts added chevy 4 3l v6: https://biturl.im/qNIEz

Well you tend to be presently heading down a bad road. Removing the catalytic converter is not heading to allow the pc go into shut loop, and the O2 sensor is not heading to study correct because of to absence of heat that is specs to operate. Which in return is heading to give you elevated gasoline which is fantastic for a brief phrase gain. After time you tend to be heading to clean out the rings and most likely even burn up up the gasoline pump. I communicate from experience, I have a number of S10 Blazers 2wd and 4wd. I did exactly what you tend to be performing now with my preliminary 1 and subsequent about the preliminary yr started operating into the issue I said above. The 4.3's tend to be amazing motors, nevertheless there tend to be a couple of no no's with them. Adding dual exhaust is another, I have as well tried it and done a great deal of studying about it. You will drop HP and tons of decrease end torque. On my current every day driver, I am operating a higher movement cat, with 2 1/2 inch exhaust into a flowmaster. Here is a video clip of what it sounds like streetfire website/video/my-94-s1... I am as well operating a coldair intake setup (which you tend to be performing the identical with the open up component air breather) Accel cap, rotor, 8mm wires, AC platinum plugs, transmission cooler, 3.73 posi gears. That is fairly a lot it. I am acquiring 20 mpg and have fantastic performance. If you tend to be searching for fantastic performance, swap out the intake, get a TBI off of a 350 and do a throttle physique swap, and a established of headers, alter the rocker arms to a 1.6 ratio established (just as fantastic as a cam swap and you do not have to be concerned about the cpu freaking out) include a superchip prom, get a higher end harmonic balancer, operate synthetic oil. All of the over I have as well done on my 90 TBI 2wd, nevertheless it is presently acquiring a motor swap. Good luck with everything.

I have a 1993 chevy truck with a 4.3. one of the best tips i had was to go with new tbi parts from cfm tech. you can upgrade the throttle body from a 460 to 680 cfm with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. i did this only after i rebuilt the engine,ran a one off cam,new 3 inch exhaust into a single 3' in dual 2 1/2 out,both exit the same side. and i upgraded the ignition to msd street fire products. this little engine screams for a 6 cyl.

• Erika

S10 Aftermarket Parts

• Sylvia

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awgma

NONE!! The harmonics of the cylinders hitting the exhaust cycle together dictates the tone of the exhaust, NOT a fancy set of mufflers. Anyone who says otherwise is either an IDIOT or a SALESMAN!

You can add air fuel ratio sensor, OEM radios. You can also refer here http://www.buyautoparts.com/chevy-parts/ to select any Chevy performance parts.

• Tony

I hate to be the bearer bad news but you're violating federal law so you could still get popped for not having a cat.

Spacers don't work well IMO.