My son is almost 3yrs old and still drinks from his bottle.help?

he loves his baba..and to add to the problem i hv a 3 month baby,and seeing his little sister drink from a bottle makes him want more bottles a day now mayb 3-4 sometimes... now i have tried weaning him off so many times in the past,but failed,the thing is he does take it from the cup but doest like how it tastes... show more he loves his baba..and to add to the problem i hv a 3 month baby,and seeing his little sister drink from a bottle makes him want more bottles a day now mayb 3-4 sometimes...
now i have tried weaning him off so many times in the past,but failed,the thing is he does take it from the cup but doest like how it tastes coz of the rice cereal i add in it ...he doest drink it without the cereal ,in his bottle for some reason he drinks all of it but in his cup he hardly takes in anyth ...
should i just stop mixing cereal in his milk ?or still mix it and try the cup till one day he takes it ..but cereal in a cup of milk even sounds nasty to me :S...idk what to do ,what have u moms out there done?..plz help,i even tried the big boy act saying hes a big superhero(coz he loves superheros)he'll get so much more stronger blah blah ..didt work !!..i checked with the doctor and he said theres no harm in still drinking from the bottle its harm when he just keeps the bottle in his mouth that will cause tooth decay..my son finishes his bottle in 5 mins,knowing this the doc said its alrite for him to have his bottle but sooner or later i will have to make the change or eventually he will put it away himself,will this take forever??..lol..
10 answers 10