What is the best route from Milwaukee to Tucson?

I am moving from the Milwaukee, WI area to Tucson, AZ, and I'm looking for the best route to get there. I want an "easy" drive that will have nice change of scenery to look at, and maybe a few fun stops along the way. I'm not looking for any tourist attractions, as I'm trying to stick to a... show more I am moving from the Milwaukee, WI area to Tucson, AZ, and I'm looking for the best route to get there.

I want an "easy" drive that will have nice change of scenery to look at, and maybe a few fun stops along the way. I'm not looking for any tourist attractions, as I'm trying to stick to a tight schedule.

After looking on Google, I'm debating between...
Route 1) Milwaukee>St. Louis>Oklahoma City>Albuquerque>Tucson, OR
Route 2) Milwaukee>Des Moines>Denver>Albuquerque>Tucson

I'd also like any good recommendations for Hotels that would offer cheaper rates with decent conditions. The cities I'm looking to stop in are Route1) North Platte area, Albuquerque area; Route2) Tulsa area, Albuquerque area.

Any other thoughts or pros/cons to either of the routes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
1 answer 1