Is this a good build for a gaming computer?????? HELPPP?

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

COOLER MASTER RR-H101-22FK-RA 80mm Long life sleeve bearing CPU Cooler

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LG CD/DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH22NS70 OEM - OEM

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

HIS H695FN2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

IS THIS A GOOD BUILD AND PLEASE TELL ME IF EVERYTHING IS COMPATIBLE??? TIPS?? THE PRICE RANGE IS AROUND 1K+ AND I'M BUILDING THIS FOR GAMING

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, with the Sandy Bridge graphics you'll be able to get medium to high quality on most games.

• Login to reply the answers
  • hemppy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

hi ymoney, a few suggestions sandy bridge is a good computer but too powerful graphics can make your computer run hot so what the best mobo is a radeon 4870 with a Nvidia geforce 9800gtx one is for killer graphics and the Nvidia is to keep your computer cool. the rest is a good mobo but one more thing a western digital is not the best choice for hard drive sony is number one but then this was rated number one by pcworld magazine. now one more thing i wanted to do a upgrade so i i wanted intel x58 classified motherboard so i had to call and ask the manufacturer so i have a thermaltake full size case and they told me that it fits with no problem so if i would have had a mid size case it would not have fit so i wonder if you might regret that mid size a few years from no because i have a steel frame so if i decide to upgrade my case is still good so i will not want to throw this computer case away in the trash because it is such a nice case it might last me to the rest of my life. good luck hope i was helpful to you

Source(s): but some would rather replace the comuter case when they buy but i look for bargains and so are you sure that a mid size case is what you really want for upgrade purposes. i like a little bit of class when i buy a computer so if it looks good on the outside it runs good on the inside. so each to their own good luck
  • delma
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

A failing no longer easy tension in all hazard does no longer reason the FPS stuttering you're describing. you're extra in all hazard to work out particular blunders or greater loading circumstances. the electrical powered whine must be coming from almost any component or capacitor on your equipment and would not even inevitably point out a difficulty. because it basically seems to take place under heavy load (video games, and so on.) i could seem on the skill supply and then the motherboard. it incredibly is assuming you already ruled out the pics card. replace in keeping with your added information: that should incredibly be extra information that it *isn't* your no longer easy tension. Your no longer easy is definitely one among the few factors which will incredibly routinely do much less paintings while it incredibly isn't any longer in energetic use.

• Brett
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I suggest you check out www.tomshardware.com, the forums there are GREAT for questions like these and user reviews on hardware are excellent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.