Why do people die of asthma attacks?

I have asthma and I row, today I forgot to take my inhaler today because I was running late and I forgot. We happened to do a triathlon and I had a really bad scare with my asthma. It has never been this bad. And I'd like to be informed of the severe dangers that asthma can bring but my main reason for asking is why? What makes you not be able to breath, and what makes you die from it?

Favorite Answer

You die because you can't get air . You die quite horribly , gasping for air. The air is blocked by the constriction of your airways due to asthma. I can't imagine anyone being so careless as to forget their inhaler . Attach a note to the door which you will see when you are leaving the house. As for the triathlon , do they know you have asthma

? You had a really bad scare and I certainly sympathize with you because. my dad had asthma. But maybe you should rethink your priorities. A triathlon isn't worth dying for. You can't imagine what a really serious asthma attack is like... It's terrifying and there is the risk of death.

Edit: not everyone can do everything in life,sadly. Your health comes first and you need to take care of yourself. You have a long life ahead of you and you can live with asthma if you follow the rules

• Ann

Asthma is an allergy and is triggered by something. The best non medication treatment for asthma is learning your triggers and avoiding them. Common triggers are smoke, dust, mold, mildew, plants, dust mites, pets and grass/weeds.

If you can not figure our your triggers, you may need to see an allergist and have allergy screening done. This may point out your triggers.

The National Asthma Prevention Program and the Expert Panel of Diagnosis and Management of Asthma both agree if you have to use a prescription inhaler such as albuterol more then two time per week, your asthma is NOT in control and you will need a prescription controller medication.

Controller medications are steroids (Asthmacort Asthmanex, Flovent, Pulmocort), Leukotriene modifier (Singulair, Aculade, Zyflo) or mast cell stabilizers (Cromolyn sodium, Intal, Tilade).

You may want to talk to your doctor about several strong controller medications and maybe Xolair shots.

If you want a proven, all-natural way to cure your asthma, without having to pay for useless medications with harmful side-effects, then this is the most important page you'll ever read.

My brother is an asthmatic and after ten years his bronchial asthma has proven no signal of bettering. He has been to a few medical professionals however they did not support a lot. If you wish a established, all-typical option to treatment your bronchial asthma, with no need to pay for vain medicinal drugs with dangerous part-results, then that is the major web page you can ever learn.

• Kimmie

Ppl die from asthma because their air way tightens up the inhaler helps losen up the air way to make it easier to breath !

Source(s): If you forgot to bring your inhaler to school and it's during your pe class you have to bring a note from a doctor and let your teacher know because your not suppose to run if you have sever asthma !