what city would be the best city in San Joaquin Valley/ Central California?

I just got a new job offer as a nurse at Avenal State Prison and I am trying to decide where I should live..... never in a million years will I live in the city of Avenal, Coalinga or Leemore, I dont know anything about Corcoran, California. I want to live in a city that offers nice and newly built apartments and townhomes, a mall,shopping, nice elementary and junior high schools and things to do. I am considering either Handford, Clovis or Fresno. Does anyone know anything about these cities and the distance from Avenal, CA also if the north, east, south or west side of each city is better. I heard that west side handford is a nice area and that south side Fresno is nice as well. Any info on these cities would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

• Kini
    Favorite Answer

Corcoran is one of the maximum security prisons, I dont think there is much of a town there.

Fresno or Merced or Turlock has more to offer since they are cities. Hanford is agricultural. The other small towns are also agricultural. I do not suggest Visalia for the crime. Thats all I can tell you. You should post in the Sacramento category since San Francisco is so far from these places, even post in Los Angeles and see what you get.

Cities In Central California

• L.M.C2

Fresno Is Cool A Lot Of Organic Foods, Games, A Lot Of Shopping Malls, Grocery Stores Are Everywhere. It's A Very Family City. Never Is There BIG Time Crimes. Good Climate And Stuff.

I grew up in Chowchilla and it is a pretty cute little town. I personally would never move back since there is NOTHING there (the whole Central Valley is cruddy for beginners in school like me). But if you already have an wonderful job like yours, Chowchilla, Clovis, other various areas of Fresno, or even Paso Robles are nice for established people =) Congrats on the job!

= I'm a Californian, and I would prefer to live here. Don't get me wrong--I love NYC. I've always wanted to visit that state. It seems so sophisticated and fun.

But it's also a pretty crowded, busy place, huh? Where I live--in Long Beach--it's pretty busy, but I've heard that in New York driving is a pain, the sidewalks are crowded, and you could barely even see the moon at nighttime. But, on the other hand, it has a lot of shops and restaurants, right? I do want to visit there, but I don't think I could live there.

Okay, so here are the California facts: one, we live in a warm climate over here in Cali, so it's pretty warm most of the time. Fortunately, there are lots of beaches for you to visit when it's hot. There are some cities in California that you could visit, like Big Bear, which has a lot of snow. BUT there's one con of living in Cali: we're prone to earthquakes. Since I live in Long Beach, I'm near to the San Andreas Fault, and supposedly we're supposed to get a huge earthquake in a couple of years. We get small- to medium-sized earthquakes--the biggest I felt was a 5.4--but normally, the big ones are usually in the California-Mexico border. Plus, the weather has been unpredictable lately. Last week, it was pretty hot, but we're supposed to get some rain next week.

honestly fresno really sucks, u should live in clovis bcuz its nice and theres a lot of white people there who are civil. fresno has nothing but illegal mexicans bcuz they cant afford 2 live in clovis. i think u should live in clovis but close 2 fresno bcuz even tho fresno sucks it has malls and stores and places to eat.

Source(s): i live in fresno and been 2 clovis a lot