Do you military servicemen consider 22 years a old age...?

I am getting out of the military in about a week (July 12) and I will be attending Stanford University this fall. When I visited the school, everyone was in the age range of 18-22, I felt as if I was a senior citizen in that type of environment while beginning to feel old in the military. All the older people have... show more I am getting out of the military in about a week (July 12) and I will be attending Stanford University this fall. When I visited the school, everyone was in the age range of 18-22, I felt as if I was a senior citizen in that type of environment while beginning to feel old in the military. All the older people have commented that 22 years of age is still a baby. Perhaps, it's my maturity that is just growing? Physiologically, I feel very young and am able to run a 40 mile marathon if I wanted to. But, psychologically, I feel very old. How do I adjust in the college environment being that age? or is it hardly any difference and I am just over reacting this scenario?
7 answers 7