Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

While we are in the process of cutting government spending, why not cut military retirement pay for anyone who?

didn't actually get shot at while in the military.

One of our favorite contributors here sat on his fate **** in the Air Farce and never heard a shot fired.

Why not cut these welfare loafers off the government dole?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Troll! I sure hope you are joking!

Cut the government pensions, not the military!

Source(s): In my opinion, Barry is dangerous
  • 3 years ago

i'm not antagonistic to cuts in those classes, notwithstanding, it is going to not be coming from specially those classes. Cuts ought to be accomplished around the board. Paraphrasing what you suggested, the vast majority of the burden should not be on the back of veterans although. Cuts usually ought to take place although, by using all departments, not in undemanding terms DOD and branch of Veterans Affairs. ++++++++++ AF21... ok then, make militia contributors pay for his or her very own residing house for much less then 3 years which might mean they may be the different way up in a private loan and then tension them to sell it for a computers in a industry the place properties at the instant are not promoting. fairly now. i might agree fairly if we did not ought to circulate at government orders as usually as we do.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Service is service. Just because I wasn't deployed to Vietnam doesn't mean I am not a Vietnam-Era Veteran.

By the way a lot of military people are deployed and are never shot at.

Anyway the truck-drivers, supply guys, and other support personnel are just as important to winning any war as the guys getting shot at.

• EviL
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

if we are cutting spending it should be across the board cuts from welfare to the rich mans welfare.

and when you got a military spending budget over 700 Billion like we do that also need to be cut.

I would not cut military retirement pay but cutting retirement pay for congress I would support since many are already millionaires.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Here in AMERICA we tend to support those who would give their life for OUR country.

It should make no difference if there was not a war during their time. When you join the military you never know whether or not war will occur but they stand ready to defend and fight for freedom.

We only pay pensions to those who devoted their life in the Service of America.

• 8 years ago

anyone who gets a Govt. check should be cut...all retired people, welfare, unemployed, military congress, everyone from the President on down...all teachers...everyone, no exceptions....but your really fishing aren't you for some one to insult your dumb question...

• team
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'd rather cut the welfare-abuse loafers off of welfare first

• 8 years ago

when there are so many real areas that are duplicated and just wasteful spending why don't you try a little harder by looking

• 8 years ago

Yeah they are the New Rich!!

those military troops making over $80,000 a year!

cut their pay by at least $40,00 a year so it will be in line with how much everyone else should be making.

Sound liek a familiar argument?

• 8 years ago

apparently you dont understand the difference between a retirement plan and a welfare plan. you had to work for the retirement plan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.