Reaper
Lv 5
Reaper asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Blacks hate the Confederate Flag?

I can understand the history and why they find it offensive. Should it also be noted that the color of the USA are red white and blue and not red green and black. Yet we should take it that it is acceptable for them to embrace their culture but not for the southern community to embrace its culture and heritage??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are allot of blacks that fly or have a Confederate flag the Confederate flag that we know today was actually a retreat flag not the flag of the confederated states and to this day represents the great southland and the southern way off life for all race and creeds, but ignorant people try to make it in to something it is not.

I think everyone should be able to embrace there culture , but i don't think anyone should be allowed to shove it down other peoples throats - and before all things the fact that they live in the united states of america should be held the highest because people died for them to have that right.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

the finest answer on your complicated questions is going returned to the Jim Crow regulations of the south. whilst the Civil Rights circulation moved in to the deep south lots of the mentioned replaced there flags to represents the CSA is a small way. The Emancipation Proclamation throughout the time of the civil conflict purely freed the slaves interior the CSA it did not end slavery interior the North with did exist. additionally because of the fact the CSA split from the Union decrease than the celebs and bars flag, in prefer maximum folk see as a desire to maintain slavery interior the south, to many it nonetheless represents that. yet i do prefer to characteristic that the CSA split substitute into pushed especially by utilising the subjects of states rights. considered one of which substitute into slavery, besides the indisputable fact that it substitute into not the only clarification for the Civil conflict.

• 9 years ago

If your wives and children were raped and your songs wrongfully hanged to death under that banner for so many decades, perhaps you'd see it as a hate symbol as well. Do you think Irish want to live under an Orangemans flag either? Or Jews under the red and black flag of the Nazis?

Source(s): American social democrat. Some symbols, some flags are irredeemable.
  • 9 years ago

Not only is it the flag of traitors, who engaged in treason as defined in the Constitution, but it symbolizes the attempted establishment of a foreign government on US soil whose main objective was to defend the vile institution of slavery.

Read the Declarations of Causes of Secession issued by the seceding states and then get back to us about how accepting we should be after you have educated yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • emp
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

BS! I as in Charleston about 10 years ago and saw a nice truck with a very large confederate flag custom painted on it....a black man was driving it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well Saddam lost and so did the south. Enough said, they have their food if they want to celibate.

• 9 years ago

El Pollo Locoooo

Da - Da - Da - Da - Da

Source(s): ...
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ya think?

• 9 years ago

It's a symbol of racist suppression to them - like it or not.

Source(s): And I hate it because that flag killed more Americans than any foreign war ever did, and used as the basis for self-serving narrow definitions of "states rights" which are mostly wrong.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

EVERYONE should be able to embrace their culture and heritage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.