How can i cheat the energy meter to lower my electric bill?

They just change my meter to digit so it sucks more energy

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Your meter doesn't use up energy or electricity, it just monitors your use of it. Turn off lights, appliances (except major ones), etc. when not using them. Use light bulbs that use lower watts (like 60 watt bulbs), or energy saving bulbs. Use appliances with the "energy star" logo. Have your place insulated. Contact your local HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) & they can give you information & tips on how to lower your electric bill.

There are many things you can do but you must discipline yourself to do them. But trying to beat the system is just foolish on your part & will catch up with you in the end.

• 4 years ago

If the heaters are rated the same in wattage, say 1500 watts, then they will cost the same to operate. Choose an electric heater for the size of the space you want heat, like your bedroom. You can adjust the temperature of the other rooms down, that's where your savings will come from. The oil filled heaters seem to distribute heat more evenly and are quiet. The ceramic heaters are usually more compact and use a fan.

• 8 years ago

You can't, digital meters are made to prevent this. The meter can record if the meter has been tampered with. Plus they would notice any change in your usage. There are to many risk's involved including fines, jail time, and your life.

Source(s): Meter tech. 1st. class
  • 8 years ago

How about just turn off your air conditioner or heater to use less energy if you can't afford to pay for the electricity, and not try to cheat the people who provided you with a service and a product?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The digital meters are more accurate. You are lucky they don't charge you sll the money the inaccurate meter missed. Don't mess with it, how would you feel if your employer messed with the time clock to avoid paying you all they owe you?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Can't cheat the meter........sorry. A look at how you can save is a better idea.

• 8 years ago

say you left and someone broke into your house and used a lot of electricity

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

crack open the glass thing and then you can turn the meter

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

why dont you cut it or drill it,.....i am pretty sure it will help in lowering bills...;-)

• 8 years ago

im pretty sure its illegal!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.