Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

How is teenage life different to adult life?

I mean I know obviously adults have more responsibility but I'm just curious. I'm almost 17 and find these type of topics so interesting. I mean as in emotion wise, how do you feel about relationships and stuff? I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive I don't really know what I mean myself. I guess I'd just like your view on how life varies over this period of time.

Favorite Answer

I don't think your emotions and opinions change much at all! I'm 21 now which technically is an adult, even though I am still young. I just feel the same as when I was 17! The only things that are different are you get much more freedom, you will probably get a job once you have left college/university which means full time pay which means you can afford to move out of your parents house! Which obviously brings you more responsibility like paying for bills and stuff.

You will probably mature a bit because as you start working full time and having to pay your way on your own, you appreciate things much more than when you were a teen. For example the price of food and petrol and respecting your property and living area and keeping it clean.

Over all I would say you feel the same way as you did as a teen but you are just generally busier! Because you will work longer hours than what you would will have studied.

Source(s): Me :)
  • ?

Teenage is something different for everybody.For some it is that period of their life which was the most happiest because at that age they tend be a bit carefree as they don't have any major responsibilities while for some teenage can be a very painful phase of life simply because it is hard to accept and face the real world where nobody can be always relied upon and people at this age tend to feel alone and isolated by others.It all depends on the number of close friends one has at such an age because if a person has close friends with whom he/she can relate to then the feeling of isolation does not remain in the person's mind.

When people get older, they understand that adolescents are still learning a lot about social behavior. TV teen shows such as, "iCarly" are hits because they present fictional teens in a way that real teens wish they could be.

Teens have a great many situations arise that they have never faced before and are unprepared for. They must learn by trial and error how to handle them and the errors are painful.

They are also unaccustomed to their (sometimes extreme) biological drives, they pick up bad habits easily, peer pressure is strong and embarrassment is deep and frequent. They make a lot of mistakes and must learn as they go.

If you try to overlook the many bad/foolish/embarrassing things they do, others will find it easier to do the same for you.

As an adult you will still have peer pressure, embarrassment etc. but with more experience handling them, those things will occur less frequently and not affect you as deeply.

The good news is that after high school, no one much remembers or cares what went on there. Their lives are then filled with all new things and having matured some they have long dismissed those blunders and headaches.

.

Teens are generally less open minded. They also tend to be more aggressive that adults are. If one teen throws a soft drink into another's face, frequently a fight will erupt. If you do this to an adult, the response is likely to be less aggressive, although they can and will bring lawsuits for damage to fine fabrics.

Teens have less impulse control, which is why they like so much stimulation. An adult is willing to defer gratification if duties must come first.

Adults tend to be better at calculating what the effects of a given choice will be.

Then there's the whole world of adult sex. You have some good times ahead of you.

Source(s): Old hippie
  • luna

Well, when young one tends to view daily life in a different way. I think when young you live for the moment, you don't need to think much beyond this until you reach mid teenage years, when you start to seriously consider your future, eg what profession you would like to have when you grow up.

Days seem to go by much slower when young and you pack far more into your day.

You laugh more and probably cry more.

When you are young you fall out and make friends more, whereas in adult life your friendships tend to stay with you for longer.

If you look you can find many obvious answers. Adult's have full time jobs where as if we do get jobs its just part time. They pay taxes and all the bills. Right now our parents are still taking care of us. Most adults are all alone with everything they do. Hope this helps. (:

I think as people grow there brain matures a lot along with there outlook on life, adults become more focused on relationships as it's harder to find someone when your older yet they think teenaged need to spend there time sorting out there life.

The frontal lobe of the human brain does not fully develop until around the age of 25. Keep exercising your brain but always keep in mind that your behaviors can have consequences you are not ready for. Always think but be careful when you act.

Well first you start off happy and energetic, then when you become adult you become grumpy, seem to always have a headache, work all day so you get stressed a lot more, and then you have to deal with kids, etc... So I say adults have more **** to deal with so your emotions become kinda twisted

Source(s): My mom