Is this funny? Be Honest. I want to be a comedian one day.?

Hi, one day I want to be a successful stand up comedian like Dane Cook, Chris Rock or Jim Gaffigan. I've written my first full script for a show. It's not very long I promise. It's below. Just be sure to tell me honestly what you think.

All humans go through puberty right? I personally think we should become adults once we turn twelve. Technically twelve year olds are sexually mature, it is possible they could have children if they wanted to. It sounds pretty neat at first doesn’t it? Two twelve year olds fall in love, get married and move into a place of their own. It doesn’t sound too unnatural I mean twelve year olds are smart, they’ll figure it out. But then the childbirth starts. They’ll have a new one every year. You can have fifteen kids and by the time you’re oldest is twelve and having kids of her you’ll only be 24 and you’d have great grandchildren when you’re 36 . Imagine that! That would be awesome! Hey Grandpa’s still a hunk and Grandma’s still a fox! Isn’t that sweet!?...........NO! I was thinking about this today and at first I was thinking gosh that would be cool!!! Well I though about it and it sank in. Let me tell you there is nothing cool about it! Think about it. The whole point of a family is loving and supporting one another and I don’t see how that’s possible when you can’t tell each other apart! If each of your fifteen kids has fifteen kids of their own then you’re going to have 225 grandchildren, 3,375 great grandchildren and so on!!! Heck by the time you die at 120 your going to have 10 generations under your belt and not know half of them! Think about this. All your little grandkids are bringing you flowers “Here Grandma! Here Grandma! For you!” Your scratching your head “Thanks kiddo…………um……what’s your name again?” “It’s me Charlie!” “Oh Yeah Charlie!.......Your number 86 right?”………………..And what about the Holidays when everybody gets together? What kind of epic disaster would that be?! Everybody loves Holidays right? I have 300,000 relatives coming over so I despise them!!! How are you supposed to provide for everybody?! You’d need to make arrangements in August for God’s sake “Yeah Hi………I have a Roman legion of Family members coming over for Christmas so I’m going to need an industrial sized oven and all the rooms at best western and Motel 6 rented by December 25th…….yep….alright thank you!” Thanksgiving would be even worse. You’d need like 400 turkeys and why don’t you just send a fleet of 18 wheelers to deliver the mashed potatoes. You might as well buy a cement mixer to hold all the gravy and cranberry sauce! Yeah…………I think it’s a little hard to make Charished holiday memories when your dining room looks like an airport and your front lawn looks like the business district in Beijing!!! Think of the strained relationships this would create with your children! You get a phone call from one of your kids and your like “Oh hi Mary! How are you! We haven’t heard from you in a while!” “This isn’t Mary.” “It’s not?” “No….this is Beth.” And later she’s telling you the good news about her son going to collage. “No kidding which one?” “Mathew.” “Mathew!!!…….Who’s Mathew, isn’t he your fifth?” What’s really awful is when generations just keep being born. Your twelve year old granddaughter calls you up “What’s that Judy? Your going into labor soon? You want your Grandmother and me to be by your bedside? Of course we will! When’s your due date?..............oh……..the 18th huh? Ohhhh……I don’t think we’ll be able to make it doll face.” She’s like “Why not” “Well……….see….um….we’re supposed to be by Robin’s bedside on the 18th.

That's what I have so far

Best Answer

Comedian? Don't make me laugh

Some giggles, some not. Okay, you asked for our opinion, and im gonna say mine, it sounds like an essay to me than a joke. Like a prevent teen pregnancy essay based onyour opinion, and what might happen. Im saying this, cause, i know someday you'll make a good comedian.... I hope you get better and it would be interestijg to read your future jokes improved.

Best of luck!

I think that maybe after a few pints I might giggle but reading takes away from the delivery and even dead babies can be funny with the right delivery! So asking if that is funny on here is selling yourself short... no delivery.

• boege

he's okay and he would be very humorous (yet supply me Billy Connolly any day) . a great style of human beings dont get the dry and deadpan humour of the Scots. Adlington for one needless to say doesnt.

HHahahahah so funny I 4got 2 lAaugh

• DON

Good Luck. I wish you a proper career and become popular.

You are the comedian. Best wishes

nobody wants to hear that long of a dammn joke and kids shouldnt have

It was so-so. Some giggles here and there. Good luck! :D

yes it's funny