I Need Help With Crochet Instructions?

This is crocheting with beads and sequins. I have a paradise publication princess diana 1985 beaded gala gown pattern . I have several patterns from paradise and have made a couple of them with beads and sequins before. I'm having problems with row 2 and 3. Here's the 1st 3 rows ROW 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hk. 1 beaded sc in each ch across = 25 sc. Break off. Mark last sc made with a gold pin. NOTE: Since beads appear more prominent on opposite side of work, all beaded rows are made with wrong side of work facing you. It is necessary to break off at the end of first 15 rows. Finish off ends every few ROWS. For professional finishing, thread end on a tapestry needle and work end back and forth through wrong side of nearby stitches. Trim excess. When using rayon, you may wish to dab a drop of glue on ends to prevent unravelling after finishing off.

ROW 2: With wrong side facing you, join in first sc made in prev ROW. Ch 1. 1 sc in same st as joining. *1 twin beaded do in each of next 2 sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * across = 8 groups of 2 do with beads. Break off.

ROW 3: With wrong side facing you, join in first sc made in prev ROW. Ch 1, bring up a bead, ch 1, bring up a bead, ch 1 (beaded ch 3 made - stands as first dc). 1 twin beaded dc in same st as joining. *1 sc between next 2 dc. 2 twin beaded dc in next sc. Rep from * across = 9 groups of 2 dc with beads. Break off.

The part about the twin beaded dc is whats confusing. Can anyone help!!!! I never had a problem with any of the patterns before until now. I never heard twin used before in any instructions.

Thanks!!!!!

Best Answer

Thank you for the pattern.

It doesn't help me though I will tell you what I guessed it meant from your first question.

You have threaded beads onto your yarn before starting work and pull up 1 bead when instructed and place in the stitch being worked. I would guess that twin beaded means bring up 2 beads instead of 1.