Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 9 years ago

After David Ragan, who will be the next first-time Cup winner?

I'm going with Menard.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Menard and A.J. Allmendinger both have strong chances. If I had to pick, I'd go with Menard because he is in better equipment. However, if they go into Talladega and neither one has won yet, David Gilliland could pull off a win there, or even possibly Dave Blaney. Overall, I'd go with Menard

• 9 years ago

Ambrose or Menard. The Dinger is another good one, but Ambrose has got to be one of the favorites at the Glen. But, PM has better equipment, and is driving a very solid season (WAY ahead of Burton). Paul has a good shot at plate races (who doesn't?), and the 1.5-2 mile tracks. Ambrose would probably take a road course. I think both will win a race eventually, be it this year or next.

Source(s): just my take.
  • Paul Menard, David Gilliland, A.J. Almendinger anywhere or maybe Marcos Ambrose at a road race.

• 9 years ago

I can see Paul Menard getting one soon. He runs consistently in the top 15 and has had stretches of top 5's. I think he'll end up in victory lane before too long. Honestly, I expected him to beat Ragan to it, the way he's been running this year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liam M
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I'll take AJ Allmendinger. I like what I see on the rest of the schedule for him. He's gonna be good at the Glen, Indy was his first career top 10 back in '08, throw in Kansas, two New Hampshire races, and of course Dover, and I bet he wins one of those.

• 9 years ago

AJ Allmendinger

• 9 years ago

I'd say we might see Marcos Ambrose in the winner's circle at Watkins Glen.

• Lauren
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

AJ Dinger

• 9 years ago

How about this on a limb....David Gilliland.

• 9 years ago

Dale Jr

It's been so long since his last win, he may very well be a born again virgin.

:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.