adding to fondant question?

i think that cream cheese has a fantastic taste. so i was wondering if you could add cream cheese to fondant to make the fondant pop in taste?

Favorite Answer

You wouldn't want to add any cream cheese to prepared fondant to flavor it; that would change it's texture and performance and who knows what you'd get. Since most homemade fondant recipes require shortening, I'd suppose you could swap out the shortening for cream cheese, but I'd be very wary of doing so. I'd be worried about the cream cheese in the fondant spoiling from not being refrigerated, but it's possible that the high amount of powdered sugar in the fondant would retard spoilage.

I have used LorAnn flavor oils to flavor buttercreams, etc. These are very concentrated oils; a little goes a long way, and they are mostly used in candy making. You can use these oils or extracts (vanilla, butter, almond, lemon, orange, etc.) to flavor your fondant, too. For extracts, you will use about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons per 24 oz. of fondant. For flavored oils, you'd use about 1/4 teaspoon or less er 24 oz. of fondant. Just knead the extract or oil into the fondant. (Best to first create a little well in the middle of the fondant, then put the liquid in there, gently fold over the fondant, put inside a Ziploc bag, close it, and knead through the bag to avoid getting too sticky.)

Happy Decorating!

~ Maria

Source(s): ~6+ year cake decorating instructor

yep mascapone is perfect but I use philli to save going shopping if dont have any thing else in the fridge and its raining !

The only thing to remember is that adding this makes the frosting dairy and so it doesnt last fresh for as long